PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher virgin here..

Lems
19-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok so I've had my very first dishwasher at 31years of age I thought I'd try new experiences :) I'm going to buy the detergent in the morning and just wondering if there are any recommendations??

manjay
19-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok so I've had my very first dishwasher at 31years of age I thought I'd try new experiences :) I'm going to buy the detergent in the morning and just wondering if there are any recommendations??

Personally I think the all do the same job. However they are so bloomin expensive I always look for the ones on offer:D

curlycathy
19-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Me too!

must admit I like the tablets that have the dissolving wrapper tho - just cos its a bit quicker to chuck it in when you've got 100 (feels like it!) voices shouting all at once!

wendywu
19-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Yep i go for the special offewrs as well.:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
19-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Still waiting for a dishwasher even at 45 :rolleyes: There's a space under the sink but DH hasn't got round to it yet - must make it my new year mission :thumbsup:

manjay
19-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Still waiting for a dishwasher even at 45 :rolleyes: There's a space under the sink but DH hasn't got round to it yet - must make it my new year mission :thumbsup:

Definitely:thumbsup:

tulip0803
19-12-2010, 10:45 PM

My DH filled that space with the washing machine when my last dishwasher went Kaput 4 years ago! the bin & a cat litter tray is where the washing machine should be in the utility:rolleyes: . I want a new dishwasher :crying: - one day:rolleyes: .

My dishwasher moved to London in Sept - he is back for Christmas:clapping:

glitzygal
19-12-2010, 11:01 PM
i had one 3 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,best ever thing..............:laughing:

buy the tablets with all 10 in, my boyfriend suggested it, (he domestic engineer) if they have it all in,, you dont need rinse aid, salt,, as i said i have had mine 3 years, never bought either salt or rinse aid and they come out gleaming.

there are expensive but worth it.:thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
19-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Lucky you! I'm our dishwasher, can't see us getting one as DH is against them and our kitchen is too small. I do know that my dad uses Finish tablets and my mum uses Sainsburys own label powder. Hx

caz3007
20-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I love my dishwasher. We use the Lidls ones, as they work out the best value, even if others on offer and they wash just fine. Tried others and the results are the same or not as good.

gegele
20-12-2010, 08:29 AM
:D my mil won a dishwasher on a competition at work and offer it to us for Xmas!! it's there in my kitchen looking glamourous and....still NOT plugged!!!!:(
waiting to catch my neighbour who's a plumber but i want hubby to as it's a man thing LOL just didn't want tobother the man during the week end

Winnie
20-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't use rinse aid and i buy whatever tabs are on offer.

Tip:I got my first dishwasher when i was 49 :D and not knowing about these things :o i didnt realise that when you add salt you are suppose to run it empty on a quick cycle :o

singlewiththree
20-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I buy the really cheap shop brand and use 2 as its a large machine, I tried the expensive ones and didn't find it cleaned it any better.

I can recommend rinsing the plates first as food can get clogged in and I use a dishwasher cleaner in mine once a month however it is used 2x a day

Kimmy050983
20-12-2010, 10:24 AM
the ones of aldi are really good, and cheap :D

Lems
20-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks all....
I do like cheap :blush: but bit confused with the salt and rince aid??? So is it worth paying the extra to have it all in one???
I need to go look at supermarket shelves but due to the lovely weather my car wont start this morning :angry: :censored: (I'd like to give up when it's this cold too CAR!!!!)
So I may have it plumbed in tonight but no detergent etc :(

Louise0208
20-12-2010, 12:47 PM
i had one 3 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,best ever thing..............:laughing:

buy the tablets with all 10 in, my boyfriend suggested it, (he domestic engineer) if they have it all in,, you dont need rinse aid, salt,, as i said i have had mine 3 years, never bought either salt or rinse aid and they come out gleaming.

there are expensive but worth it.:thumbsup:

i agree, i used to use the cheaper tablets (shops own) but always had problems with the dishwasher & cloudy glasses & after a week or so it started to small manky :( so started using the finish ones & i could tell the difference strait away :thumbsup:

AliceK
20-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I only got my first dishwasher in Sept. I use the all in one tablets, whichever are on offer at the time. At the moment I'm using one of those dispenser things, it was on special offer. Seems fine and I don't have to bother putting the tablet in. I also use a dishwasher cleaner approx every 2 / 3 weeks.

xxxxx

glitzygal
20-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks all....
I do like cheap :blush: but bit confused with the salt and rince aid??? So is it worth paying the extra to have it all in one???
I need to go look at supermarket shelves but due to the lovely weather my car wont start this morning :angry: :censored: (I'd like to give up when it's this cold too CAR!!!!)
So I may have it plumbed in tonight but no detergent etc :(

its like your washing powder, what someone swears by, someone else dont like it,,,,,, just try a few,,,,, you will notice a difference in different ones...
good luck and enjoy your dishwasher,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup:

the hardest bit for me is getting DD to empty it when its finished, its her job,, but i end up nagging,,,,then she does it,,,,:D