PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for next week?

sfox2003
17-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Just wondering what everyone is doing next week. Its the school holidays so ive got 6 children & all of my local childrens centres are closed.

Im nervous really, I was hoping to get out, but Im not sure where we can go.

Ive got some activities planned for doing indoors, but wanted to get them out aswell really. Maybe I shouldnt try with 6 children :)

What are you all up to - those that are working that is?

mummyjo
17-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi Sarah,

I'm in the same situation as you next week. I plan to try and get out in the mornings, even if it just a walk down the canal and then in the afternoon crafts and baking.

I don't have a big enough car to go anywhere apart from walking distance so that is what we shall have to do.

Are your children old enough to take a walk somewhere sensibly? Even a quick walk around the block will give them the opportunity to let off a little steam. I also have a kids digital camera and the big ones love taking photos when we are out and about.

Jo x

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 02:46 PM
We will be making / cooking different things for our party

So it will be a messy and fun filled week

We will go for a walk too depending on how bad the weather is though

Hope it all goes to plan

Hope you have a good week

Angel xx

SYLVIA
17-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Still got one at school mon and tues so be restricted timewise. Hoping snow doesn't stop us getting out for a walk though because I need to take buggy. We are making snow scene pictures and candle holders AND i'v got thurs and fri off!:clapping:

venus89
17-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Working all next week, Sunday to Friday! But I only have half my mindees here. My own three children have broken up but dh works in a school so he's broken up and will be here to lend a hand.

We'll be doing Christmas cooking - my ds wants to make sweets to give as gifts so the LOs can join in. I'm luck that the Children's Centre here is open so we will be there on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Maybe go for a walk around the castle to feed the ducks..... I'm corssing my fingers for warmer weather as it's bitter out there. It will be far more relaxed here next week - a lot less planning than normal :D

manjay
17-12-2010, 05:31 PM
I will be sitting on the sofa with my feet up having a well earned rest:thumbsup:

solly
17-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I have only got 1 LO on Tuesday:clapping:

Now DD is home for xmas ahe wants me to go to Abercombie & Fitch on Wednesday as there are a few bits she wants for christmas. so we are going on Wednesday depending on the weather

Polly2
17-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I will be sitting on the sofa with my feet up having a well earned rest:thumbsup:

Jammie ;)

I will be cooking fudge, making tea light holders from jam jars covered with glue and tissue paper, polar bear pictures and playing with shaving foam.

I want to spend time outdoors too - if weather is not horrendous...its snowing like mad now!

rickysmiths
17-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I have 3 of them Mon-Thurs and 2 on Christmas Eve till 3pm so an early finish for me for a change!

On Monday we are going to the Natural History museum in London, only a tube ride away for us. The little one loves his dinosaurs so that is what we are off to see.

The other days we will do some baking, finish making Christmas trees, I have a pile of Christmas colouring, dvds music etc.

One of the Mindees has a birthday on Wed so we will have a party, also a bit sad as they have been with me since they were 6mth, will be 5 on Wed and are leaving me on Thurs:mad: A lovely family who will be really missed.

sfox2003
18-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you everyone. Think we will go out for a walk one morning. Weve also got my mum visiting one day to do some crafts with us. We will make paper snowflakes & paper chains one day & do some baking. We will do our christmas cards & make our 2011 calendars.

Felt guilty staying in most of the week, but nowhere to go & reassuring to know most of you are doing the same.

I do have a car with enough seats for all of us, but we are snowed in now so not looking like we will be able to get out.

Thank you & if I dont post again, Merry Christmas to all xxxx

caz3007
18-12-2010, 06:00 PM
If its snowy outside go in the garden, give them buckets and spades and build snow castles. Mine did that the other week and really enjoyed it

sarah707
18-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I won't be going out far if this snow carries on... just where we can walk.

I have children Tues and Weds and intend to do lots of snowy activities.

We will be focussing on the birds in the garden in the snow as well and putting up some new feeders etc.

We will be looking back through our Christmas stories and singing songs as well just to keep the children in the spirit.

Enjoy the last week those of you who are still working! :D

manjay
18-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Jammie ;)

I will be cooking fudge, making tea light holders from jam jars covered with glue and tissue paper, polar bear pictures and playing with shaving foam.

I want to spend time outdoors too - if weather is not horrendous...its snowing like mad now!

Get out in that snow!!!! we played football in it yesterday. Well we tried but the ball was white so not the best idea. The lo's had fun trying to fnd it though:D

mayberry
18-12-2010, 06:50 PM
:jump for joy:

Finish off Christmas activities, make Biscuits, we finish work 2:30 Tuesday :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy:
start back 4th Jan 2011

Dawn xx

Hebs
18-12-2010, 06:53 PM
making peppermint cremes, christmas trees, dvd day, and i have a lady coming out with a mini petting zoo :D :D

Polly2
20-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Get out in that snow!!!! we played football in it yesterday. Well we tried but the ball was white so not the best idea. The lo's had fun trying to fnd it though:D

Hide and seek football! Sounds fun!