PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

Vickster
16-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I know what I have to do with EYFS, but want to take tiny steps so that I don't get overwhelmed which is what happening at the moment. Has anyone got any starting points and what you expect to do before your first inspection. I have a pre-school 4 year old with me approx 15 hours a week, mostly between 3 and 5.30 and for one full morning and a 9 month old baby boy 18 hours a week (two full days). I also have a 5 year old girl in reception after school two or three days a week. I have printed off the Assessment sheets in the free downloads. Yesterday I did a short obs on my pre-schoo girl and she was talking about sharing and how she was a big girl as she knew how to share as she was sharing with my daughter, I have no photo, but I guess I link that into PSED.

I also have a photo of her with the etch a sketch and she said I am just finding a space for me to sit down and draw.....now where to link that into. I plan to do one more observation tonight of her and her 5 year old sister role playing as they do this alot.

sarah707
16-12-2010, 06:53 PM
It sounds like you have got to grips with what you are supposed to be doing.

The main problem people find with 1st inspections is that you need to hit the ground running, making sure you meet all the requirements.

So I suggest you read the Eyfs, tick all the boxes from that and carry on with the obs / assessments / planning that you are currently doing.

Hth :D

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you are doing just fine to me

Angel xx

Vickster
17-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks, just need to get my teeth into it

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks, just need to get my teeth into it

Dont think that sounds a good idea :laughing: :laughing: