PDA

View Full Version : omi g helps

mr man
16-12-2010, 01:12 PM
cant find my keys:panic: , needed to do school run, and this house has been turned upside down. had to get a taxi to get lo time (:angry: ). then it started lashing down so we got same taxi back - was going to get the bus for the fun of the situation, but like i say it was lashing down by now, so jsut wanted to get home safe. and hes only 3.

i do ahve poermissions to use public transports.

is this classed as an incident and also do i re asses my risk assesments, ??? i'm lost with it all my mind gone to mush. only been minding for 4 days = argh. i feel so stupid and sick becsaeu i still not found my keys, ive blitzed house this morning, so was very confused not being able to find keys, even thou i do hang them up . dh had car yesterday but i think i was last with it. my mind had gone blank.

anyone with a free fairy pls forward to me to help find my keys. im desprate.
mum is going to think im bonkers.

desiderata
16-12-2010, 01:18 PM
last time I lost mine when I was busy with kids I found them down the side of one of the car seats !! you never know xx

venus89
16-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh no :panic:

One of my mindees mums couldn't find her keys - turned the whole house upside down for days and eventually found them in an oven glove where the LO must have put them......

I wouldn't have thought it would count as an incident, although somebody much much wiser will be along shortly and let you know, but there's no harm in writing it up and in doing a risk assessment or an action plan (or both combined?!) for such eventualities.

Don't worry, it sounds like you're doing a grand job and we all do things like that!

mr man
16-12-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll let mum know when she collects, shes really nice. my only problem i need to sort out is how i get to my job in the morning and finsish with 30 minutes to get to car and pick up lo.

will need to sort out with hubby - if keys are not found. do hope i dont need ti use a taxi agian, i'm working for nothing the for first 2 hours today. gutted. lesson learned - keep keys safe.

sarah707
16-12-2010, 06:56 PM
when you have found them, you should write a risk assessment for where they are kept.

This ensures that in an emergency situation you know where they are so you can get out of the house quickly.

Consider different scenarios like getting out in smoke, the dark if the lights go off etc and think through the best place to always keep them.

The problem is that doors must be locked to keep children safe from intruders... but unlockable quickly in an emergency.

Hth :D

mr man
16-12-2010, 08:27 PM
thats great thanks for the help sarah.

i dint loock the door with a key for the emergency reason - i have a latch lock at the top of the door which stays on when minding, can definalty see where the Ras fall into place. will write one up now. :)

found my keys under the couch ( which is heavy one due to a inlfateable bed inside it) - how they got under a half centimeter gap i'll never know. i ofund them once mindee went home and i could focus more on looking. and got them within 5 mins -:o

mum was fine - she is lovely anyway. the pain in the pit of my stomach has finally gone. was panicing way too much. off to write my RA.

thanks everyone.