PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays

clio0602
16-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok I have in my contract that I charge normal fees for bank hols or £6hr if worked.

But..... I have taken holidays between xmas and new yr so should I stil charge?

Also I am thinking of taking the 3 days between easter and royal wedding bank hol in April should I charge then or not?

Any opinions welcome xx

berkschick
16-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Im not sure that you can charge if you are off on hols, that wouldnt sit right with me TBH

clio0602
16-12-2010, 01:08 PM
No it doesn't seem right to me really and I forgot and haven't charged over xmas. I just didn't want them to think that I didn't adhere to the contract and argue that I didn't charge this time when a situation comes up when I will charge them IYSWIM

miffy
17-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't charge the Bank Holidays if I'm not working the rest of the week.

If there is a BH on a Monday (which would be a normal contracted day) and I am working on Tuesday, Wednesday etc then I would also charge the Bank Holiday Monday.

It depends what you agreed with the parents when you did contracts and what you wrote in your contract.

Miffy xx

hello kitty
17-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Yep, I agree with Miffy. :D

clio0602
17-12-2010, 10:28 AM
All I have put is bank holidays on contracted days will be charged at normal fee or if required to work them I wil charge £6 hr. Think I need more practise with writing contracts :-(

clareg
17-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I do not charge for bank holidays as i do not work them. You can't really charge for a day you are not avalible to work. If you are avalible to work and it is the parent who chooses not to use you then that is their choice, then you are entitled to charge....if that makes sense.:laughing:

wendywu
17-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I charge for BH if it a contracted day. But i dont work them.

I get paid for them even if i am off on holiday around them. I dont get paid holiday only BH. :)