PDA

View Full Version : NEXT STEPS

Paula1974
13-12-2010, 02:27 PM
HELLLLLLP...... I though I was getting on ok with the EYFS, I am able to plan I use topic webs, I do observations and put the next steps by looking at the EYFS pack, I just seem to get stuck on how to link a child's next steps to the planning, I am sure it is simple and my mind is telling me its hard work. :panic:

Paula

mrsoliver
13-12-2010, 02:53 PM
The next steps ARE the planning!!!!!!!

Topic webs are a bit ourdated now - sometimes they contain a lot of activities the practitioner likes, or feels children should be doing, at the expense of what children themselves are interested in or need.

Penny1959
13-12-2010, 05:15 PM
HELLLLLLP...... I though I was getting on ok with the EYFS, I am able to plan I use topic webs, I do observations and put the next steps by looking at the EYFS pack, I just seem to get stuck on how to link a child's next steps to the planning, I am sure it is simple and my mind is telling me its hard work. :panic:

Paula

Yes you are right - your mind is making it hard work
Just a suggestion
Try doing a few observations (on paper or in head) - use childs interests and stage of development to plan next steps.

So child likes playing with cars and is starting to show interest in the different colours of the cars, plan to support child to group cars in colours - maybe in 'traffic jam' lines. Play spot the blue car on the way to school. observe to see if child is interested in following this or not - plan again according to direction child takes things ('planning' can be on paper or in head) just make sure you record actual development (maybe a photo or a brief note).

Penny :)