PDA

View Full Version : 12 MONTH OLD

Babyboos
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi please could i have some advice mindee 12 months old any activitys or idears. having a blank day my first mindee.

Done lots of obs already rocking to music, holding musical instruments. been prodding play dough, flour and water playing. going to the park touching trees pointing out trains. only had mindee 2 full days. where do i start with all this info.

Any help thanks guys

venus89
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Knocking down towers, rolling balls, posting things in containers, musical toys, story reading, toys with buttons or levers.....

What about a treasure basket if the LO is quite tactile?

Sounds like you're doing a really good job btw!

Allie
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Don't spend all your time doing observations, just a few will do to find out where he's at then add to them over time.

I love working with this age as they usually love everything you do and particularly enjoy you singing and interacting with them:)

Allie

Ripeberry
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I've got two almost 12 months olds at the moment, well by Xmas they will be.
They love interacting and especially if I pull funny faces or pretend to eat their hands :laughing:
The both look at me adoringly if I try to sing ;) Well at least they don't cry!

Babyboos
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Yep its a lovely age, she makes my dd who is 2 belly laugh so much. Think the sillyer you are the more they love it.

X

Mollymop
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
You have only had child for 2 days so I would wait till you have gotten to know the child a bit more and then plan on what you know

Penny1959
11-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Agree - don't do loads of observations -

However you may like to try some heuristic items (or things from kitchen cupboards) along with bags, boxes etc as children this age often like putting things in and out of containers.

Penny :)