PDA

View Full Version : What permission forms do we have to have?

Trpta108
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I read another thread about being graded less by Ofsted because of wording permission forms wrongly:eek: . So my question is, which permission forms do we have to have, and how must they be worded. Dont want to get it wrong, and with english not being my first language, I just might:blush: .
Trine

keeks
09-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi Trine, are you danish or norwegian by any chance? I'm swedish, I know what you mean with second language when it comes to official language.

Sorry, can't help you with your question but need the same info.

xx

sarah707
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Have a look at the NCMA website - there are some suggested permission forms.

They will give you an idea of what to write and how to word things.

I have put lots of ideas for permissions on my www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com website on the policies and procedures tabs.

Hth :D

Trpta108
09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Trine, are you danish or norwegian by any chance? I'm swedish, I know what you mean with second language when it comes to official language.

Sorry, can't help you with your question but need the same info.

xx

Hi Keeks
Yes I am danish. I really struggle to sound proffesional. I have lived here 13 years, but it still doesnt come easy:blush: . I am obviously not very lingual (not even sure if that is a word:laughing: )

Trpta108
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Have a look at the NCMA website - there are some suggested permission forms.

They will give you an idea of what to write and how to word things.

I have put lots of ideas for permissions on my www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com website on the policies and procedures tabs.

Hth :D

Thankyou Sarah, we can always trust you for good advice.:)

keeks
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Keeks
Yes I am danish. I really struggle to sound proffesional. I have lived here 13 years, but it still doesnt come easy:blush: . I am obviously not very lingual (not even sure if that is a word:laughing: )

Oooh nice to have more fellow Scandinavians on the forum! :clapping:
So far I know of you and Seija.

I find it easier to write than talk official language. I sometimes get stuck for words when talking to Ofsted or Early Years advisors. I looked at Sarah's permission form, it looks very good as expected. I think I will try to adapt it to my setting.

Good luck with your forms!

xx

Trpta108
10-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Oooh nice to have more fellow Scandinavians on the forum! :clapping:
So far I know of you and Seija.

I find it easier to write than talk official language. I sometimes get stuck for words when talking to Ofsted or Early Years advisors. I looked at Sarah's permission form, it looks very good as expected. I think I will try to adapt it to my setting.

Good luck with your forms!

xx

I am terrible at talking and writing official language. I am best at talking with the children.:laughing:
Do you run your setting in a 'scandinavian way' ie napping outside, lots of outdoor play in any weather ect.?

SaijaM
15-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I am terrible at talking and writing official language. I am best at talking with the children.:laughing:
Do you run your setting in a 'scandinavian way' ie napping outside, lots of outdoor play in any weather ect.?

Danish, Swedish and Finnish! I could tell a joke or two about us three :) I have a book at home heheee:D

I try to run my business the scandinavian way, we go out at least twice a day (morning and afternoon after nap), no matter what the weather, ice or snow, I'm used to it :)

I wish they could nap outside, but it's too dangerous here in London.. unless we are walking and they are in the pram of course, not just in the garden (in the pram!) ah, I'm waffling, but you know what I mean.

Nice to 'meet' you! xx
Don't have answer to your post either, sorry.. hope you find answers..

keeks
15-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Yes absolutely! Outdoor play (no napping as I don't have a garden or balcony), encouraging physical challenges and independence, not a lot of planned activity but children's free choice of play and activity etc. I haven't actually started yet, still got another 5 days at my nursery.

I actually quite like the EYFS. It will fit in nicely with my way of thinking now that I can actually interpret it myself within my own business.

It feels a bit bizarre being inspected and having to keep so much paperwork when you know how well the system works in Scandinavia without all this. The children are healthy, happy and achieve well there, so clearly there is no actual need for all this. Not my meaning to put the English system down, just think we would all benefit from less paperwork and stress in our profession.

xx

keeks
15-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Danish, Swedish and Finnish! I could tell a joke or two about us three :) I have a book at home heheee:D

I try to run my business the scandinavian way, we go out at least twice a day (morning and afternoon after nap), no matter what the weather, ice or snow, I'm used to it :)

I wish they could nap outside, but it's too dangerous here in London.. unless we are walking and they are in the pram of course, not just in the garden (in the pram!) ah, I'm waffling, but you know what I mean.

Nice to 'meet' you! xx
Don't have answer to your post either, sorry.. hope you find answers..

Haha I'd love to hear your joke!

xx

Trpta108
16-12-2010, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=keeks;832310]Haha I'd love to hear your joke!

xx[/Q

Nice to 'meet' you too Saija.:) I'd like to hear some jokes too:D

Trpta108
16-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I think I might start another thread about the outdoor napping thing, since I am struggling to find a suitable place inside for napping. My house small for my big family, but we are lucky to have good size garden in a quiet village. So outdoor napping could work for me.