PDA

View Full Version : Dp's bike stolen again !!!!!

Joannechildmind
08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Dp works around a 40 walk away and rides a bike to work because depending on what shift he is on sometimes he starts at 7am and other times finishes at 11pm.
Just got up today to find his bike has been stolen.
As we live in a flat we are not allowed to keep it inside anyway :angry: which really infuriates me and is the 2nd bike we have lost.
It was locked up to a fence post outside and they have just ripped it off. :angry:

Really cant afford to replace it now so he is going to have to walk home at 11pm from a bad area.
He is on the phone now reporting it to the police.
So upset. :(

sarah707
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
There are some nasty people around :(

solly
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I can't believe people would do this

Ripeberry
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry that's happened to you. Years ago I had a moped, but had to keep it on the road outside as we had no driveway. Almost every week, someone would have a go at trying to steal it.
It was not even a trendy moped, just a Honda C50, almost 10yrs old :(
I sold it in the end as was fed up of it being attacked.

nannymcflea
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Some people.:mad:

Have a look on freecycle, put a posting, perhaps a fold up, so you could take it in? Worth a try. xx

sillysausage
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
That's awful!
Do you rent or own your flat? Could you approach the owner/freeholder to see if they can make any suggestions on how to improve security. Do any of your neighbours have any issues over security? If they do maybe you could all work together to improve things?