PDA

View Full Version : Contracts question MM

keeks
06-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I decided to go with MM when we had to choose insurers for our grant. My FIS lady said she would ask them to activate my insurance on the 3rd of January as I won't be minding until then.

Does anyone know roughly when my starter pack will arrive?

Also, I've got two parents keen to start in January. Do I have to wait to sign contracts until my insurance kicks in, or is it ok so long as the start date is after the date my insurance will start iyswim?

I have no idea how these things work!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

xx

keeks
07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
bumpeti bump :D

Goatgirl
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi :),
I'd check with the person who said they'd get it 'activated' for you about when the pack will arrive.
Regarding contracts I should think its fine to get these sorted before the insurance is up and running: you need it for when you're actually childminding, to be legal.

If there was a problem before you start minding this would be with parents not fulfilling the actual contract so I guess it would be financial. I'd say that, as long as you have everything to do wiith deposits etc written down very precisely, you should be fine. A written signed agreement signed by all parties is a legal document so you could persue it through the small claims etc. The insurance helpines would just not be available to help you chase non payment as you wouldn't yet be a client :)

Good luck : not long now !:D

best wishes,
Wendy