PDA

View Full Version : Can you answer a couple of questions please

LittleAcorns
14-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi all

I've taken the day off to sort out my paper work...yes its that bad!!!!!

I had a cupboard full of allsorts of receipts etc, I knew where it all was, but never seem to get around to sorting it....

1, probably a daft question, I buy bus passes for me, my daughter and the mindees, I wouldnt get these if it wasnt for minding so I know they can through as tax deductable. I buy one for Amber, now I know she's mine, but again I wouldnt buy it if it werent for minding, we'd walk or cycle, so can hers go through??? or am I pushing my luck :laughing: :laughing:

2, I havent got receipts as such for a couple of bits that I bought online, ie stair gate, toy boxes, but can print info from my account, I dont want to show all the details, ie what else I've bought, none of their beeswax LOL can I print the relavent info off and just submit that?
(ie not sending the statement)

Thank you in advance, there may be more questions........XXX

deeb66
14-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Louise

I have claimed for stuff in the past for my son when it would not have been something I would have done if I wasn't minding.

Afterall you do have to drag your kids along sometimes too ;)

However, if he benefitted from it as well I never claimed for him but in your circumstance I would.

I often buy things from ebay etc and because I use Paypal I print off a copy of the Paypal receipt at the time of purchase.

If you didn't do that and have a general one it shouldn't cause a problem.

When you submit your accounts to IR you don't have to send the receipts etc anyway just your figures.

You only need them in case they want to come and check your accounts so the chances of anyone else ever seeing them are pretty slim.

HTH

LittleAcorns
14-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Ohhh thanks so much Dee, having never done this before, I thought you'd have to show evidence, ie take your books to them lol silly me, thats made me feel tonnes better :clapping: :clapping: XXX

sarah707
14-04-2008, 12:54 PM
When my 2 were little they used to get dragged along to all sorts of things with mindees, so if there was a charge, I did sometimes put it through... but not always, if it was something they wanted to do.

Like Dee says, nobody is going to want to see your receipts or your bank statements unless there are queries... so I wouldn't worry! As you say, they are nobody's business but your own! :D

deeb66
14-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Ohhh thanks so much Dee, having never done this before, I thought you'd have to show evidence, ie take your books to them lol silly me, thats made me feel tonnes better :clapping: :clapping: XXX

Thats ok Louise

Even after all these years I still remember my first return to IR and how nervous and out of my depth I felt.....in those days we were just told we had to do them and had no help or guidence at all :eek:

To be honest I still get jittery even now when I submit my return!

sarah707
14-04-2008, 01:07 PM
To be honest I still get jittery even now when I submit my return!

I always feel much better when the letter comes telling me they've accepted my figures! It's like a weight off my shoulders until the next year! :D

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I always feel much better when the letter comes telling me they've accepted my figures! It's like a weight off my shoulders until the next year! :D

Do you do yours by paper or on-line Sarah?

Reason I ask is that although I have received letter informing me that 07-08 is now available for me to process on-line they haven't acknowledged receipt of 06-07 which I submitted on-line.

sarah707
14-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I do the paper version... I know online is supposed to be easier, but I haven't got my head around it yet. Plus I have to send a photocopy off for other stuff for my son, so it makes sense to have a paper copy.

I usually get a confirmation letter about 3 or 4 weeks after I've sent them. I have no idea why yours hasn't come from last year though... do you think maybe they don't send a letter out if it's online? Is it worth starting a thread... I know a few people use online, they might remember whether they had a letter or not...? Sxx

manjay
14-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I got a confirmation email that it had been submitted and then ages later I did get a letter but that may have only been because they owed me 60p

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:24 PM
It probably is because I did it online.

I have been doing them online for a few years now and have been trying to remember if I did get anything in writing or not.

I did find an acknowledgement for year 05-06 but not for 06-07 so maybe they don't send anymore.

When you do submit on line they do give a submission receipt with a number so perhaps they don't send anything out anymore.