PDA

View Full Version : OH NO SOMEONE TOOK THE SNOWMAN - SHOCKING!

angeldelight
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I really can not believe that someone would call the police about this

As Arctic blizzards swept across southeast England, stranding hundreds in their cars and bringing motorways to a virtual halt in whiteout conditions, Kent police received a strange call on their emergency number. Skip related content

"I haven't been out to check on him for five hours but I went outside for a fag (cigarette) and he's gone," said the female caller.

When the operator asked who had gone she replied: "My snowman. I thought that with it being icy and there not being anybody about he'd be safe.

"It ain't a nice road but you don't expect anybody to nick your snowman," she added.

Police were most definitely not amused.

"This call could have cost someone's life if there was a genuine emergency and they couldn't get through. It was completely irresponsible,' said Chief Inspector Simon Black.

A transcript of the call was released by the force to highlight what they said was misuse of the emergency number 999 system. (Reporting by Michael Holden; Editing by Steve Addison)

Some people just have no sense do they

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
stupid person :(

Trouble
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
i bet some kids are wetting themselves laughing at her somewhere how sad !!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

charleyfarley
03-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I can well believe it.

My dil takes these calls and the things she's told us about would amaze you!!

Carol xx

Ripeberry
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
What a snowman made out of snow or one of those massive blow up things?
I did ring the police when I was 17yrs old when my car stereo got stolen, but I was in a panic and was very naive :blush:

Chimps Childminding
03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
What a snowman made out of snow or one of those massive blow up things?
I did ring the police when I was 17yrs old when my car stereo got stolen, but I was in a panic and was very naive :blush:

It was a snowman made of snow!! Apparently she had used pound coins for the eyes and spoons for the hands!!! Imagine dialling 999 because someone had nicked your snowman - though quite how they managed it I wonder, on a sledge perhaps :D some people really don't have the sense they were born with :eek:

glitzygal
03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
:angry: HOPE THEY PUNISH HER, IDIOTIC WOMAN,,,

Pipsqueak
03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
they just played in on news at 10 - hope she is suitably ashamed of herself - silly cow

Hebs
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
I had my 2 new mindees here and dad works for the emergency services and he was telling me yesterday that this guy rang 999 cos he couldn't get his car out of his driveway

He said it was an emergency as he had a meeting to go to!

Stupid thing is! They went and dug his car out!