PDA

View Full Version : Who's a clever girl then?

Carol M
02-12-2010, 05:02 PM
ME
Oh, better not forget to mention Helen too.
We have just received our GOLD award in " Healthy Early Years Settings"
We have worked together on this portfolio and self assessment document for the last 18mths and if anyone else is thinking about doing it , it is well worth it.
Just thought I'd give us a pat on the back:D
Carol xx

karensmart4
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Well done to you :clapping: :clapping: oh and to Helen :thumbsup:

Mouse
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Well done to both of you!

jane5
02-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Well done :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Penny1959
02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Very well done Carol (and Helen) and by coincidence Sarah was in my setting today bringing me my folder for HEYS and guess what your name (well and Helen's) was mentioned more than once.

Seems I need to have a bottle of wine and a take away to help process?

Penny :)

manjay
02-12-2010, 07:31 PM
That's fab. Well done to you both:thumbsup:

sarah707
02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Well done to both of you! :clapping:

hello kitty
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
That's fab, congratulations. :)

Chimps Childminding
02-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Well done Carol & Helen :clapping: :clapping:

Carol M
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Very well done Carol (and Helen) and by coincidence Sarah was in my setting today bringing me my folder for HEYS and guess what your name (well and Helen's) was mentioned more than once.

Seems I need to have a bottle of wine and a take away to help process?

Yep, that's the rules!
Would be more than happy to share wine and take away with you if you feel the need:laughing:
Carol xx

Playmate
02-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Penny1959
03-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Yep, that's the rules!
Would be more than happy to share wine and take away with you if you feel the need:laughing:
Carol xx

As it is the 'rules' - will def need support - as I do not drink - you will need to come to drink the wine - don't want to 'fail' just because of a few bottles of wine!

Don't tell DH though as he considers it his role to drink my share of any booze - but can't help feeling if do need some support with HEYS - it will be to my advantage to give wine to you not to DH. :laughing:

mayberry
04-12-2010, 04:28 AM
well done both of you :clapping:

Dawn xxxx

keeks
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Well done ladies, sounds like you have worked hard for this!

So what is HEYS, I've never heard of it, newbie as I am?

xx

Polly2
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
:magnificent: thats FAB!! :goodjob:

Carol M
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Well done ladies, sounds like you have worked hard for this!

So what is HEYS, I've never heard of it, newbie as I am?

xx

" The programme aims to provide early years settings with a real opportunity to embark on a process of planned and sustained development, which respects the uniqueness of the setting and its community. It compliments the commitment to quality improvement processes in early years and childcare settings. The programme provides practitioners in early years settings with:
1. A process which complements the current strategy for primary and special schools, allowing continuity and progression in the promotion of health and learning.
2. A framework to support an audit and review of work on key health related themes in early years settings.
3.Clear guidance on what settings can do to improve planning and practice in each of these health related themes.
4. An opportunity to involve parents, carers and the wider community in supporting the planning and implementation of health promotion work within the setting.
5.Clear guidance on involving and supporting the work of services and organisations that work with early years settings to promote health and well-being.
This programme will help settings to meet the agreed standards for early years provision and will support them in identifying their contribution to achieving the key outcomes for children and young people in Every Child Matters: Change for Children"

The themes are
Healthy Eating
Health Related Exercise
Mental and Emotional wellbeing
Loss and change
Personal safety and child protection
Staff health and wellbeing ( this is where the wine and take away came in)

I don't know which councils offer the programme so best to ask yours.
Carol xx

IndigoMoon
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Well done, that's quite an achievement x