PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Tink
02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Tension is mounting as Fifa prepares to name the 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosts in Zurich, with 2018 contenders England hoping to stage the tournament for the first time since 1966.

Will we get it???

No Russia will host the 2018 World Cup

carol cameron
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Gutted! Me and my son were hoping to go and see some world class football at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland. :(

Heaven Scent
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
We couldn't afford it anyway and perhaps a big thanks needs to go to our friends at the BBC Panorama for gobbing off about bribery allegations earlier this week - I'm not a footy fan neither is DH and DS still won't have the means to find the funds to take himself off to any matches by then so it makes no odds to me where it is - sorry to be unsympathetic :o

barbarella68
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
It wasn't the allegations that caused us to lose the world cup tournament, it was the fact that roman abramovich put 40 million into the bid, don't you think it's funny that the vladimeir putin prime minister of Russia didn't turn up to promote it because he knew Russia had got it anyway so didn't bother. Another Fifa pay off no doubt.:angry:

glitzygal
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I wonder if its the footy holigans that have put every one off us,,, imagine if it was here,,,,,oh well,

i wont be going :D

Pipsqueak
02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
FIFA stinks of corruption. FIFA have TOO much control and dominance in footy.

But its typical - we give the world the (beautiful?) game.....

we have more chance of winning the eurovision song contest:rolleyes:

Hebs
03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
FIFA stinks of corruption. FIFA have TOO much control and dominance in footy.

But its typical - we give the world the (beautiful?) game.....

we have more chance of winning the eurovision song contest:rolleyes:

they are saying on the news that the 3 strongest (us, america and australia) got just 6 votes between them all.... australia 1 vote, us 2 votes and america 3 votes... guy said it stinks of corruption esp when it goes to the russians who dont have the infacstructure needed!!!