PDA

View Full Version : Help - Newly registered!

Rain or Shine
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi guys
Can anyone give me any hints or tips about how to find or attract business? i am at a lose and really need to find people asap as have no money coming in at all.

I have tried giving out cards, I have put an ad in the local advertiser, made a website, joined most (all i have found so far) childcare sites.
Please help...

Pipsqueak
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
You need lots of patience, persistance and thinking outside the box.

Advertise places parent and child goes. Sometimes it will involve sweet talking the owner of the premises - ie soft play but you can point out how it would benefit them - ie you bringing several children at least once a week

getting friendly with local minders

handing out leaflets outside of school/nurseries

find you unique selling point -do you different hours/weekends do you have a veggie patch perhaps

advertise on yourself (t-shirts/bags.hats) car

get friends and rellies to put up ads in their places of work and TELL people what a great minder you are.

Penny1959
02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Could also consider a 'opening offer' ie a discount for first weeks of placement or a discount for siblings or maybe FREE something (whatever- meals, wellies to use in setting) - anything that might make people read your advert / look at your website

Be creative and think what would make me phone to arrange a visit

Penny :)

PS It can sometimes take months (did with me) bug keep faith - you will get mindees

keeks
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
How about dropping cards or leaflets at toddler groups, family cafés, schools, leisure centres, hospital, surgery etc.

If you've got a car, order a vistaprint window sticker with your website on.

I hope you find someone soon! I've got two parents coming to visit this weekend. Both through childcare.co.uk.

Good luck!

xx

glitzygal
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
try the local schools, they may have a list of childminders on there for parents,
local newsagents
pre- schools.
shops
it does take a while some times, keep going tho, also go to local childminding group if you have one, word of mouth from others is a goood way, and you get to know more people,
good luck:thumbsup:

miffy
03-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Just keep plugging away - tell everyone you meet you are a childminder, you never know who is looking for childcare, I've had a couple of jobs just through letting people know what I do.

It will happen, there are lots of threads on here from members who never thought they'd get any work...................

Good luck

Miffy xx

Rain or Shine
06-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys, will just keep going as really wanna do this.

Does anyone know how long NCMA pack takes to come through?

TinyTinker
06-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I know how you feel! I have done just about everything I can think of and nothing!

Car stickers, leaflet drops, toddler groups, local shops, website, childcare.co.uk, yell.com, thompsons local etc etc

ho hum, our time will come;)

keeks
06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
All my enquiries have come from childcare.co.uk. I keep messaging parents in my area saying I'm available and to get in touch if they think I can help with childcare. Most don't get back at all, but I've had two visits this weekend and they both signed up!

Keep your chin up, it will all happen soon!

xx

Rain or Shine
06-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi guys!

Good news! Got a call tonight for someone looking for a childminder, 2 children before and after school 7 and 10. Coming to see me on Wed, very very excited. She saw my notice in the local advertiser.

Thanks for support and good luck for those still waiting x