PDA

View Full Version : Seen everything in this weather now

FussyElmo
02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I know we have not had the snow like some of you have had or the freezing temperatures. Think its supposed to be -1 here today so its cold.

A mum on the playground with her son on the playground and the child was screaming. He is the same age as my dd who is 2. Well it is unusual for the child to cry until I walked past and he was sat in the buggy with no socks or shoes on and no blanket. She must have seen me look as she said he wont keep them on today. He must have been freezing compared to my daughter who was wrapped up like an eskimoe and cant walk.

This was the same mum who cpmlained yesterday that they didnt send them out in their gloves etc.

Now usually the child is well wrapped so she must have had a bad morning and Im a firm believer in choosing your battles but not in minus temperatures :panic:

Ps this mum also walks to school so she wasnt even getting back in a nice warm car

Each to their own I suppose and I suppose I shouldnt be critical but..........

Annie_T
02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
oh my days !!

poor lad, she could least given him a blanket if he wont keep socks and shoes on bless him

my kids were all wrapped off b4 i sent them to skool, my girl even got pair my socks on on top of hers (trousers tucked inside them) lol
x

michellethegooner
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
thats ridicules :angry: , she should have put them on lo, SHE is the parent.

My ds wouldn't keep socks on (when he was that age) when we were out either in any weather.... solution .... two pairs of tights in this cold weather :thumbsup:

Daisy1956
02-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Poor little thing,my Grandson usually takes off his gloves and throws them out of the pram but he always has a blanket or cover to put his hands under.When out yesterday he didn't even try to take them off must have realised how cold it was.

jellybean cc
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
My son never got the chance to do this he used to wear black or gray tights under his trousers. Poor little chap.

I have always sown a length of wool onto the gloves them fixed them into the back of the coat, so they cant be lost.

Heaven Scent
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Two of my new mums only have both children one day per week never send their LO's wrapped up properly - and one says he WONT wear gloves - rubbish you make them wear them GGGGGRRRRR even if it means adapting the cuffs so they cant get them over their hands - there are loads of ways round it - gosh some parents just let their kids rule the roost and the wonder why they get letters home from pre-school to say they hurt other children while fighting over a toy that the other child had (that happened here today)

Andrea08
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
gets my back up... seen a lo in pram today again not wrapped upand they must have been out in the cold for 1.5hrs ... it takes 20mins to walk to school and first out is 3pm then 3.15 then yr 6 by 3.30pm then a 20min slow walk bk home... how that LO isnt blue by then i dont know... but every time i want to say something i feel i should just stand bk rather than get a bust nose or black eye:mad:

nannymcflea
02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I always rolled the kids who kicked things off, in their blanket and tucked everything in...bit like a snuggly straight jacket!:D

The Juggler
02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
if you put them on and put them in thier cosy toes they can't get them off. poor little might probably was near frostbite:(

caz3007
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I used to have a mum who used to bring her preschoolers without coats in the rain saying they wont wear them. They did for me, cos they didnt have a choice.

I have a LO who takes his gloves off, but he also has a cosytoes and a couple of blankets so I insist that he keeps his hands under and tuck him in so tight, he doesnt have a choice.

My son was playing out in the snow with wellies and socks on and when he came in he was crying cos he feet were cold, I pity that poor LO

Happy Bunny
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
One of my mindees was sent to me this morning with no hat, scarf or gloves and wearing shoes, call me fussy but it was freezing, all the rest turned up with everything and wellies.
I felt so guilty as i had no spare wellies to put on her

SYLVIA
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I mind a very stubborn 17 mth LO and I must have put her socks and boots back on a dozen times during a 5 min walk from car to school on monday! It was infuriating but I persisted and she finally gave in. So many parents say "oh he/she wont do that for me' or "I can't get them to do that at home" Well who's the adult and what is that child going to be like when they get older if they can't
do as they are asked now!

Beetlejuice
02-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Tights under trousers (yes even for boys!) and cosy toes here. Poor little lad :(