PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Wigan ?? Snow report needed....

Fabby
02-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Hiya, is anyone from Wigan who could tell me what the snow fall has been like and what is forecasted before saturday please???

I am due to go Wigan on Saturday but just want to know what it is like driving and underfoot conditions are like if anyone can help?

Ive had a look on the net but just wanted some 'real life' opinions on it there...
xx

angeldelight
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Bumping up for you

Angel xx

Fabby
02-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Thans angel, this was exactly what i was going to do seen as it is the evening now x

sarah707
02-12-2010, 08:23 PM
I just asked my friend who lives in Bolton and she says it's very very cold and the paths are frozen over so it's slippy.

She says they are gritting and there's no new snow at the moment.

The motorways are moving just now but it was snowing in Manchester earlier and there's a lot of traffic on the M60 for the Trafford centre with Christmas shoppers out in force so allow extra time for your journey if you are going that way.

I hope you have a good weekend. :D

mr man
02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
hi fabby -

im here in wigan and its very cold as is everywhere. bt we are not 'covered' in snow. main roads and big roads clear, been good keeping ontop of gritting. but the pavmetns are quite icy, jsut compacted frosty patches.
forcast is mostly frosty but no snow as yet.

hth.

jane5
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm about 25 miles from Wigan and 'apparently' we have now had the worse of the snow. The gritting has been quite good and motorways and main roads are ok so should be fine for Saturday.

Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup: