PDA

View Full Version : School Closure & Charges - Term Time Only

jfbsdb
01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi

I look after 3 term time only children before and after school and am wondering whether I should refund their fees for today as the school is closed due to the snow?

The parents pay me monthly in advance so have already paid November's fees but I'm wondering whether I should return today's fees?

The school is just up the road and all the parents live very close to me so transport is not an issue and I am open for business as usual.

I offered to have the children all day for an extra fee if the parents wished but they all chose to keep their children at home today.

My initial feeling is that as I'm open for business as usual, albeit the school is closed due to adverse weather, the normal before and after school fee should stand.

I'd be very interested to know what others would do in this situation please.

Many thanks.
Jean :)

Blaze
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Fees stand.:)

candy cat
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
fees still should be paid :)

wendywu
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
You are still there to have them after school and its not your fault the school is closed. So you still charge as normal. :)

caz3007
01-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Fees should be charged, mine never ever quibble about it, just pay for their days even if child doesnt attend for whatever reason

HELEN10
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
School closed, not you!

tashaleee
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Fees should still be charged - you are open and its their choice not to bring children :thumbsup:

Daftbat
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
If you are still available to work then the fees should be paid. All of my mindees couldn't get here today but the charges will stand since I texted everyone this morning to confirm that I was here if they needed child care.