PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting new mindees this time of year?

TinyTinker
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi
Am still impatiently waiting for my 1st mindee!:(

Is this time of year normally slow for people looking for childminders? or is it just me:o

Am so anxious to get going after 4 months of organising and training to get here;)

PixiePetal
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
It is not the best time of year - new year may bring more mindees but I am still getting calls - just can't fit them all in!

cuddlybunny38
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I start with a part timer on 23rd Dec 9-4.30

Twinkles
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I think it depends where you live. DH had a newbie start on Mon and has another one coming for an interview on Friday.

melfish
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Bluehouse - must just be us then! still waiting for my 1st.....

hello kitty
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I had a new baby start last week but usually get calls just after Christmas. :)

Penny1959
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Hang on in there you new childminders. It will happen!

Very slow start for me - but now more than I can cope with - have registered Dd as assistant and still not enough spaces.

Stangest one was a young mum who visited on a Friday - said 'oo she likes you - can you start Mon?'

Didn't want to look at paperwork, filled in contract there and then and said see you mon!

As I am required to pick up child thought mmm this one not for real. But there she was with baby, ready with packed bag, cash in her hand - and off I went with her baby!

And yes Baby does like me

Penny :)

TinyTinker
01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I hope so! i want to leave my office job asap!:clapping:

Hebs
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
my new mindee starts tomorrow :thumbsup:

nell57
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi
Am still impatiently waiting for my 1st mindee!:(

Is this time of year normally slow for people looking for childminders? or is it just me:o

Am so anxious to get going after 4 months of organising and training to get here;)

It was 4 months before I had my first phone call, then had 3 the same week:D Its been steady for the last 6 years.

Good luck and hang in there it will happen for you, hoping its sooner than later for you:thumbsup:

Lorraine B
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I am in the same position as you Bluehouse and starting to feel a bit down that magic didnt happen after i got my certificate 2 weeks ago lol :)
After listening to everyone though it could happen any day and we will be on our way. So fingers crossed its soon xxx

melfish
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes me two weeks too - I thought they would be knocking the door down by now! Oh well ho hum, I spose I am a bit impatient at the best of times....

claire'scherubs
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
New one starting 3rd Jan after visiting me on Monday

Pixie dust
01-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Hang on in there...It took a couple of months before I got my first mindees then it was just a couple of hours after school. A year on I am still not full but am busier now with 3 little ones doing various hours.

LucyatMCM
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I was just about to start a thread like this. I am on maternity leave and have to start earning money again in January. Have been registered since October and have only had silly enquiries.

My boss has just been to see me and presented me with a very generous plan for easing me back into work, being able to work at home etc and told me "I don't think the childminding is going to work for you, people just aren't spending money on that kind of thing if they can help it." Don't know what to do. Got about a week to decide. :( :( :(

If I go bk to work I would not be able to leave for three months :(

melfish
02-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Well you will be spending money on it if you go back to work will you not? Kind of makes you think maybe others will be too - especially now that jobs are going, people will be more likely to want to keep them and less likely to give up work I reckon. I hope.

Newbie1!
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I know exactly how you feel love - I seem to be doing all I can yet nothing :mad: despite the fact that lots around me seem to be turning people away....how is that?? Where are these people coming from and where are they going when others are refusing them. All of us that are waiting impatiently will have to keep spurring each other on (although must admit Im running out of positive thinking now) but will try!! xx:( :panic: xx

shellib
03-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Its ben a bit slow for me also lately, but had a mum round this morning and I have lo starting next week :laughing:

Hang in there Bluehouse ;)

MAWI
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I usually find its January after the christmas holidays or the summer period when parents are thinking about september spaces. I do get the odd phonecall but generally its august and January are my busiest months for phonecalls. Im sure its all dependant on your locality.
Hang on in there:)

karen m
03-12-2010, 08:11 PM
i have taken on new child even though i told his mum i was leaving end of feb,i was recomended by someone at the school

maisiemog
04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Took me 6 mths to get my first mindee. Then another one started a week later. 7 months on and I am completely full!!! Helps that our local school closed there after school club so I had loads of enquiries in the summer!!!

Have you made sure you've advertised EVERYWHERE??

gegele
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
took 5months between registration and 1st mindee. then i had 4 started within 2weeks!!!

i'm waiting on 2 phone call but before xmas peolpe are near their pennies and then come january when everyone wants to change life for the better etc....plus new intake in schools.... keep smiling, head up.

and remember watched kettle never boils. plan something for you to do and they'll arrived and spoil your plan LOL :clapping:

Newbie1!
04-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Took me 6 mths to get my first mindee. Then another one started a week later. 7 months on and I am completely full!!! Helps that our local school closed there after school club so I had loads of enquiries in the summer!!!

Have you made sure you've advertised EVERYWHERE??

Can you elaborate lovely and give us newbies some clues? I feel like Ive advertised everywhere but also feel like Im missing something!! :panic: :blush: :panic:

jellybean cc
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Glad i read this thread Ive been registered about 3 weeks now and had my first contract signed last Friday, 2 year old twins one hour a week.
I hate this just waiting for the phone to ring is horrible.