PDA

View Full Version : I've got to say it...

singingcactus
29-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I love my ex-mum. I've moved out of the village where I cared for her child to many miles away but my mum has stayed in the village. My mum is very elderly and frail, and lives in an upstairs flat with only an iron external staircase to get out on. Last year in the ice she fell down it and broke her arm badly - still not healed.
My ex-mum, who has more problems within her family than any one person should even hear about in their lifetime, is going out of her way to visit my elderly mum and make sure she has food and everything is okay over the winter. This mum is barely clinging on to sanity because of all the crap fate has seen fit to throw at her, but she is still looking out for my mum.
I love her so very very much, and just wanted to say so. She is the one person out of all my families that makes me so glad I chose this career. I have learned so much from her, her family and the experience of caring for her child. I am so glad she chose me to be her minder, out of all the other 30 minders in our village, she has become my very best friend ever.

Pipsqueak
29-11-2010, 02:43 PM
what a lovely lovely thing to do, it must be a weight of your mind knowing someone is looking our for your mum.

Its always those who have a lot of cr*p to bear that are always the most kindhearted, generous, thoughtful and caring people - it seems so wrong that things seem to happen that way.

PixiePetal
29-11-2010, 02:45 PM
That's lovely - what a star!

Polly2
29-11-2010, 02:56 PM
There are some lovely people around :thumbsup: