PDA

View Full Version : green about childcare vouchers.

SamWilliams1980
29-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Right, I am a fairly new childminder and have also recently moved, so in process of changing everything, and trying to find out who to contact etc, when a parent (yippee for the enquiry tho) asked do i take vouchers. Never have and dont know where to start now. Is it something I have to apply for, how does it all work...

Any help info and advice will be hugely appreciated :panic:

Mouse
29-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Childcare vouchers are a good way for parents to pay as it saves them money, so it's a good thing if you can say you do accept them.

There are loads of different voucher companies out there, so you need to find out which company the parent's employer uses. Then go to the company website & see how you have to register. With some companies you can do it all over the internet, with others you need to send them a copy of your registration certificate.

Parents can either pay you by paper vouchers (ie. physically hand you a voucher), which you then go online to redeem, or they can do it all online. The money is paid straight into your nominated bank account.

It can sometimes be a bit hit & miss when you first start using them, but once it's all up & running it's pretty straight forward.

Parents can have vouchers up to £243 a month, so if your bill is more than that they need to pay the extra another way.

SamWilliams1980
29-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank you, that sounds pretty straight forward, phew :)

grindal
29-11-2010, 09:13 PM
One of my parents pays me with vouchers. Mum pays £243 a month with a paper voucher. I then have to log onto the voucher company website to redeem the money. From the time I get the vouchers it seems to take a week or so until the money goes into my account - but I know it is gonna be there eventually. Dad also pays with vouchers - but he makes a direct money transfer. However, again it seems to take a good few days for the money to get from his account to mine.
My parents cannot set up a monthly payment as fees are not fixed (term time only contract).
It is quite simple, but do allow a few extra days for payment to get to you.