PDA

View Full Version : How many planned activities?

tash 1
28-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi was just wondering how many planned activites to do per day? Tashx

Penny1959
28-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Depends on what you mean by 'planned activities'

I have a outline plan (basically things I set out in the morning (plus the contineuos provission) this is based on children's interests and stage of development.

Other 'activities' are a bit random - might include - walk in forest, visit to childminding friend or drop in, go to park, go to library and so on

Craft / making / doing type activities also random - offer at least a couple a week - children may or may not want to do them. If they want to paint / colour / use playdough - can - just ask - so therefore as often as they want

Not sure if that is what you meant by 'planned activities' but hope it is

Penny :)

sarah707
28-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I plan to take the children out each day and have continuous provision written for our outings.

I then plan to offer one creative activity each day and have that written up on a rolling 5 week plan.

I also plan for each child's individual learning and development by looking back at previous observations and then thinking about next steps.

For the older children I have a weekly activity plan which also links to continuous provision and is usually based around festivals, celebrations, special events in their home or community lives etc.

We might not get around to the weekly activity if the children are not interested or their interests take them in other directions but that is fine, I just file it for next year.

I hope this is what you mean :D

tash 1
28-11-2010, 04:45 PM
thank just trying to get head round right way to do everything!do you do all weekly plans night before for next day or all at weekend very confused?

Penny1959
29-11-2010, 04:34 AM
I do my weekly plan at weekend so can relect previous weeks interests and development. However by end of week - most of weekly plan is crossed (rather than a tick for have done) as go with flow of children.

Penny :)

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2010, 06:59 AM
An actually hands on activity is once a week and that ususally doesn't get done so mine are a lose one weekly and the children choose what they want to do and then I fit their interests in as and when