PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear another guinea pig gone

Beetlejuice
27-11-2010, 07:40 PM
We lost Theodore one of our guineas a few weeks ago - he died unexpectedly one night without being ill at all. My 6 year old was utterly devastated. His brother, Simon, was pining for him for a while. We then got another couple of guineas for him to keep him company. Then this week he started to look a bit peaky so took him to the vets yesterday where he had some antibiotics, anti imflammatories and steroids. Last night his breathing was v laboured and this morning was barely alive. I went to a conference today and my DH called to say that Simon had passed :(

My poor little girls have had a hell of a few weeks - not to mention how much 'fun' I've had counselling them and disposing of guinea corpses!!

PLEASE let our remaining two guineas last a bit longer!!!

Playmate
27-11-2010, 07:45 PM
RIP Simon :(

Sending you all hugs :group hug:

miss mopple
27-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh honey I'm so sorry. Simon is up there playing with Theodore now, together once more.

Give those girls of yours a big hug from me
xx

Beetlejuice
27-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh honey I'm so sorry. Simon is up there playing with Theodore now, together once more.

Give those girls of yours a big hug from me
xx

Will do. Bless little A - she stopped crying and said 'Simon can be with Theodore now Mummy'.

Rubybubbles
27-11-2010, 10:09 PM
oh hunny:(

RIP Simon. run free with Theodore and my Sparky bum is waiting to play too:(

PixiePetal
27-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Poor Simon - RIP

He can join all the other forum guineas who have passed recently and keep each other company

ORKSIE
27-11-2010, 11:28 PM
What a shame!!
Pets!

RIP Simon xxxx

mrs coops
28-11-2010, 08:03 AM
oh no! we've been having bad luck with our guineas to. one needs an op costingĀ£92 and then came home and found one of the others had died

mrs robbie williams
28-11-2010, 10:18 AM
RIP Simon !! our 2 are still with us although im paranoid i will check them one morning and they will be frozen little corpses :panic: infact im that paranoid that ive been bringing them in - hutch and all - every blooming night since its been so cold and putting the hutch in the kitchen - i must be mad :)

mrs robbie williams
28-11-2010, 10:19 AM
oh hunny:(

RIP Simon. run free with Theodore and my Sparky bum is waiting to play too:(

Had to chuckle - sparky bum :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Helcatt
28-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Bless little A - she stopped crying and said 'Simon can be with Theodore now Mummy'.

Your girls are such sweeethearts, it's so unfair

Hugs to you all

HX

Rubybubbles
29-11-2010, 08:20 AM
RIP Simon !! our 2 are still with us although im paranoid i will check them one morning and they will be frozen little corpses :panic: infact im that paranoid that ive been bringing them in - hutch and all - every blooming night since its been so cold and putting the hutch in the kitchen - i must be mad :)

Have you looked at indoor hutches? I must be mad then as I have a cage indoors all the time now! I know I am not alone with this:)

Rubybubbles
29-11-2010, 08:21 AM
oh no! we've been having bad luck with our guineas to. one needs an op costingĀ£92 and then came home and found one of the others had died

oh hun, sorry for your loss:(