PDA

View Full Version : HAVE A LOOK HERE - ARE YOU IN FOR A SEVERE WEATHER WARNING ?

angeldelight
26-11-2010, 07:00 PM
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Why do we always miss out on the snow - its not fair

Angel xx

nannymcflea
26-11-2010, 07:58 PM
No warnings here but local weather has put one one out.

We shall see who is right.:D

FussyElmo
26-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Nothing for us neither but then again we only have to get a covering and the whole city grinds to a stop.

Hebs
26-11-2010, 08:22 PM
YES

ice roads and severe snow.................... tell us something we dont already know :rolleyes:

angeldelight
26-11-2010, 08:27 PM
YES

ice roads and severe snow.................... tell us something we dont already know :rolleyes:

Show off :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Hebs
26-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Show off :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

you can have it, i've had enough now :thumbsup:

nannysue
26-11-2010, 08:48 PM
The snow started here at 2.55 pm !! yes just at school run time :(

It came down so fast and heavy we were trudging through a blizzard by 3.30,pm !!! well i was like a trudging snowman the 3 little ones thought it was the best thing everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :laughing:

Mollymop
26-11-2010, 08:50 PM
We always miss out on alot of the snow too!! But it is forecast here tomorrow, hope so as well as I am putting up my xmas tree "deck the halls......tra la la la la la la la laaaaaaaa!"

charlie potato
26-11-2010, 08:58 PM
we've got it and we have no heating or hot water til tues. brrr xx:(

angeldelight
26-11-2010, 08:59 PM
we've got it and we have no heating or hot water til tues. brrr xx:(

brrrrrr poor you

hope its fixed soon

Angel xx

charlie potato
26-11-2010, 09:04 PM
brrrrrr poor you

hope its fixed soon

Angel xx

Thanks angel. my dad reminded me that they didnt have central heating til 30 yr ago.Its still bloomin freezing and its 2010,lol. xx

Mollymop
26-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks angel. my dad reminded me that they didnt have central heating til 30 yr ago.Its still bloomin freezing and its 2010,lol. xx

brrrrrr I really feel for you. I am cold with my radiator on no.4 in here, keep warm as u can hun x

RainbowMum
26-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Woke to a decent covering this am - got soaked on school run by selfish drivers grrr! Roads cleared nicely during day - 1/2 hour before school run it came thick & fast = chaos! Think our town is worst off locally, hoping for no more ovenight -meant to drive to Thurrock in the morning for Shopping :panic:

Angel I'll pop some in the post for you :p

Hebs
26-11-2010, 10:19 PM
we have almost 6 inches of snow :panic:

Joannechildmind
27-11-2010, 12:38 AM
DD gone away for weekend with her dad to see his family in South yorkshire apparently they are getting some tonight also check they have a severe weather warning too. Hope they get back ok on sunday afternoon :panic:
Will worry until she is home safe.

ORKSIE
27-11-2010, 12:50 AM
We have none......:(
but i know i will be moaning when we have loads :D

There is no pleasin some people :laughing: :laughing:

Carol M
27-11-2010, 07:27 AM
My dh just text from work.
Angel, it's snowing in EVESHAM, thats pretty close to us now.
Fingers crossed for snow this weekend but not next. Don't want anyone to struggle to Birmingham Xmas meet.
Carol xx

ajs
27-11-2010, 07:58 AM
north nottinghamshire is covered in the cold white stuff yuk yuk yuk
i hate it

my poor dd is off to meet friends in liverpool this morning and i have made her dress like michelin man she is waering my boots too and she is not happy but i bet by the time she gets to the station she will be pleased

peanuts
27-11-2010, 08:29 AM
woke up this morning to about an inch of the stuff. just as well my ds returned from his work experience up the pentland hills with the army yesterday.

Hebs
27-11-2010, 08:45 AM
8 inches here :panic: :panic:

Chimps Childminding
27-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Yep we got some, thankfully only a light covering cause DS3 is heading off to South Africa on holiday later today!! Just need him to get off OK, and me to get to supermarket to fill fridge and then it can snow as much as it likes :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
27-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Yep the damn stuff reached us here too :panic:

Really could have done without it today, I've shopping to do :laughing:

At least you have some now Angel :thumbsup:

Carol xx

angeldelight
27-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I AM HAPPY HAPPYY HAPPY

WE WAS NOT FORCAST IT YET WE HAVE IT

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED ALREADY BEEN OUT IN IT HA HA

:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Angel xxx

solly
27-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Its ruined my weekend already, we dont have any yet but my parents live in the west midlands and were supposed to be coming down for the weekend but i got a phone call this morning to say they are not going to risk the travelling down as it has started to snow and they dont want to risk the travelling:(

angeldelight
27-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Its ruined my weekend already, we dont have any yet but my parents live in the west midlands and were supposed to be coming down for the weekend but i got a phone call this morning to say they are not going to risk the travelling down as it has started to snow and they dont want to risk the travelling:(

Oh that is a shame

Hope you get to see them soon

Angel xx

teacake2
27-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Got the horrible stuff in East Staffs, hope it goes away very soon, was going to go shopping but managed to get the last delivery for tomorrow instead.
Teacake2

solly
27-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I wont be seeing them until after xmas so have got to send all the presents up by post mum & dad live in Sutton Coldfield, my sister & family live in wolverhampton and my brother & family live near Tamworth.

My mum & dad are busy over the next few weeks on babysitting duties for their other grandchildren and then they are off to Egypt for christmas and we have also got busy weekends ahead.

I had a few tears but think that is down to the high dose of steroids the doctor has put me on as I am usually not this weepy

So have done nothing today apart from have a duvet day on the sofa

loocyloo
27-11-2010, 07:01 PM
no snow here :(

but once it is here i will be fed up after a day or two when it makes things difficult!

Blue Boy
27-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Got up this morning to a slight snow shower. Dusting on the road, had to scrape the car, but it is all gone now.

zillervalley
27-11-2010, 08:17 PM
really quite deep hear, took the buses off to our road earlier

Playmate
27-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Really hoping it stays away here. We are having a celebration for my Dad's 80th birthday tomorrow we have relitives coming from West Midlands and Ds coming up from chichester, so fingers crossed it stays away.

Twinkles
27-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Apparently we're due to have 'light snow' does that mean our snow weighs less than the rest of the countrys ? Or is it 'diet' snow :laughing: :laughing:

Ok I'm going now :D

angeldelight
27-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Apparently we're due to have 'light snow' does that mean our snow weighs less than the rest of the countrys ? Or is it 'diet' snow :laughing: :laughing:

Ok I'm going now :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Hebs
28-11-2010, 06:14 AM
really quite deep hear, took the buses off to our road earlier

Yeah they have here too, taxis stopped running too thats how bad the roads are!

Roseolivia
28-11-2010, 08:38 AM
I've just uploaded a photo on facebook of the view from my living room window. We have loads of snow. Chris was on a pheasant shoot yesterday and his car went into a ditch, he's hoping the farmer will be able to pull him out today but if not we're stuck in the village as my car can't manage in the snow as the tyres just spin (as i found out trying to cross the A19 in front of a huge lorry yesterday:eek:)
Love the snow though and hopefully we'll go sledging this afternoon (after hopefully getting to Tesco as we have no food in apart from frozen stuff)

caz3007
28-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Really hoping it stays away here. We are having a celebration for my Dad's 80th birthday tomorrow we have relitives coming from West Midlands and Ds coming up from chichester, so fingers crossed it stays away.

None down Chichester way yet, hope your party goes well and everyone makes it :)

hello kitty
28-11-2010, 10:03 AM
We've got snow and it's costing me a small fortune, new winter coat, new warm waterproof boots, gloves just got to buy a hat now!!

I used to be able to drop my children off at the school gate but now we have a 20 min walk each way hence the need for new clothes etc. :rolleyes: (Already invested in cosy toes and umbrellas for all.);)

Hebs
28-11-2010, 11:49 AM
we have 11 inches of snow :panic:

suez
28-11-2010, 03:22 PM
no snow in tamworth :(

i want snow

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
28-11-2010, 03:24 PM
5 mins of light flutterings in East Sussex then blue skies :rolleyes:

Have ordered 4 bags of salt in my online shop just in case though - everywhere ran out last year:thumbsup:

caz3007
28-11-2010, 05:22 PM
5 mins of light flutterings in East Sussex then blue skies :rolleyes:

Have ordered 4 bags of salt in my online shop just in case though - everywhere ran out last year:thumbsup:

It started lightly here over in the West of the County, DS was all excited, but by the time he was all dressed up to outside, it had stopped :laughing:

glitzygal
28-11-2010, 11:14 PM
:( I WANT SNOW,,,,,,,,,,

Twinkles
28-11-2010, 11:36 PM

http://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/s.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/n.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/o.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/w.gif (http://www.myniceprofile.com/text)

angeldelight
29-11-2010, 08:02 AM

So do I glitz

We had a little but its not enough

Hope we get some more today

Angel xx

glitzygal
29-11-2010, 10:57 PM
http://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/s.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/n.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/o.gifhttp://sig.graphicsfactory.com/Snowy_Letters/w.gif (http://www.myniceprofile.com/text)

THANK YOU ,:D

THAT will do till REAL stuff comes,:thumbsup:

glitzygal
29-11-2010, 10:58 PM
So do I glitz

We had a little but its not enough

Hope we get some more today

Angel xx

I HOPE SO TO:thumbsup:

Twinkles
29-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Can't PM you Glitzy to tell you how to do glittery writing. Can you only receive pm's when you go green ?

Tink
30-11-2010, 07:00 AM
The snow has really come down over night thick aswell and more forecast for today, hope the Asda delivery man can get here with my shopping, my car is poorly at at the garage so it's the first time i've done it online:clapping:

PixiePetal
30-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Light sprinkling over night. Heavy snow due by lunchtime :(

I hope my shopping gets through :eek: we will run out of everything if not. Not panic buying, just my weekly delivery - with some bits for Christmas too like chocs :thumbsup:

angeldelight
30-11-2010, 08:09 AM
We have more snow this morning with more forcast all week

wahoooooooooooooo

Angel xx

Ripeberry
30-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Got a dusting, not even a cm, but playgroup has been cancelled :mad: Suppose I'll have to find something else to do, can't stay in the house all day! :panic:

caz3007
30-11-2010, 09:22 AM
We have some icing sugar dusting here, off to toddlers when mindie arrives. I hope this is it for us :D

babs
30-11-2010, 10:19 AM
we have snow too, was snowing heavy this morning and its just started again got school run to do at 11.30 with a double buggy no choice lo's cant walk...:( :(

glitzygal
30-11-2010, 10:29 PM
WE HAD THE ICING SUGAR DUSTING THIS MORNING,,,,,BUT ITS SNOW...:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

solly
30-11-2010, 10:47 PM
We had a light dusting this morning but now it is snowing and its sticking.

I hope i dont have to do the school run tomorrow afternoon as have 3 LO's who wont walk the distance so have to use the triple buggy if it keeps snowing that will definately be a no no

angeldelight
03-12-2010, 08:51 AM
It could be getting a bit better next week

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Angel xx

Ripeberry
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Next week should be dryer, but it's gonna get cold again!
Looking forward to tomorrow's rain and temps up to a WARM 6c! ;) :D

Going Xmas shopping in Worcester tomorrow with my familly in the hubby's 'Sharabang' vintage bus.
He's got half his office coming in it as well, so if you see a cream and red 'Bristol Greyhound' coach, that's us.