PDA

View Full Version : A CHRISTINGLE

angeldelight
26-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Make a Christingle with the children to celebrate the birth of Jesus

The Christingle is a traditional gift for children at Christmas. Churches often have special Christingle services where Christingles are given to all the children and carols are sung as the candles burn. Each part of the Christingle represents a part of the Christian story

the orange- the world
the sweets and fruits- the good things that the earth provides- north, south, east and west
the red ribbon- forgiveness, even when Jesus was bleeding on the cross he forgave those who put him there
the candle- Jesus, who showed the world God's love and light

You will need .....

1 orange
A medium size candle
Four cocktail sticks
Red ribbon
Small marshmallows or raisins
Sweets or fruit ( jelly tots etc small sweets )
Double sided sticky tape

Make a hole in the orange with your thumb.
Press a candle into the hole
Put the red ribbon around the middle of the candle stick with the tape

Put marshmallows ,raisins or sweets on the cocktail sticks
Press the cocktail sticks into the orange around the candle

Light the candle

Easy peasy and the kids love doing this

Angel xxx

Twinkles
26-11-2010, 01:54 PM
We have a Christingle service every year at Church.

It is at 4pm on Christmas eve and I know when I walk into that service , by the time I come out again it will be too late to do any more shopping. The shops will be shut and Christmas can start !

The children always enjoy this service. :thumbsup:

jellytot
26-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I love Christingle, to me it is also the start of Christmas. Always brings memories from when I was little also :)

charleyfarley
26-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I love Christingle and so do the children :clapping: :clapping:

For some reason the headmaster at our school has changed it and it is now done in January :panic:

We will be making ours just before Christmas :thumbsup:

Carol xx

sarah32
26-11-2010, 02:36 PM
My daughter did this at Girls brigade and look lovely:)

Alibali
26-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Love doing them ay Church, never done them with mindees though, great idea fore this year:thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
27-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Christingles remind me of being Brownie!! :) This may have to be an idea for next year as already have a long list of Christmas ideas already Hx

angeldelight
27-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Christingles remind me of being Brownie!! :) This may have to be an idea for next year as already have a long list of Christmas ideas already Hx

If you are anything like me next year will come and you will forget all about it and have another big list of new things :laughing:

Angel xx

FussyElmo
15-12-2010, 01:56 PM
have made these today and the children have loved them.

And thanks to my fablous friend we have handmade candles to us :thumbsup: :clapping: :thumbsup:

Mykidsrock
15-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I did this with my mindee's at the beginning of December. One mindee took it home and his sister took it to school to show her RE Teacher as he had never heard of them! I also provided a print out of what a Christingle is and what all the different parts represent.

Mindee's loved making these and they looked lovely lit on the table until the needed binning for going a bit dry and off!

x Jess x