PDA

View Full Version : still waiting grrrrr

boageymonster
23-11-2010, 12:18 PM
well ive been pre reg since may!!! ofsted have everything theyve asked for including 3 seperate medical report for dh ( previous mental health issues over 6 yr ago!) and im still waiting :angry: spoke to them yesterday and a suitibilty desicion still hasnt been made on my dh (father to my 4 los) surely they cant say he's not safe to be around children??? Has anyone else waited this long? i'm sick of the not knowing now at least if i knew they were gonna say no i could look into doing something else.
Sorry rant over

sarah707
23-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Crikey it must be hard for you to wait so long.

Unfortunately when Ofsted have to make decisions like that they cannot afford to make the wrong ones so they do tend to take their time.

I wonder if a letter to the complaints department about the time it has taken from application to now might speed things up?

Hopefully they will hurry things along for you soon x

TinyTinker
23-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Is your husband registering also?

My husband is my assistant and I didn't need medical decs for him at all and they processed my registration ok.

sorry it has been so frustrating for you - hope they make a decision soon:thumbsup:

Penny1959
24-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Must be very frustrating for you.

I am sure you want to ensure all children are safe and therefore understand that these checks need to be made.

However it should not take that long - suggest you phone every week and say you want to know if an issue with application or if some reason for delay their end.

Hope all gets sorted very soon
Penny :)

boageymonster
24-11-2010, 08:04 AM
hi thanks for the reply, no my hubby isnt registering not even as my assistant, in fact he'll only be in the house for one of my working hours a day!! the thing thats making me mad is that ss gave him custody oif his son from prevoius relashionship and are now saying they dont think he's fit to be around children:panic:
he had a break down once 6 yr ago has never relapsd since, this all showed upp on his crb as police were called out to stop him from killing himself :(
So far ofsted have had a medical off his dr twice and a private company has also completed a medical check on him, also we have had an interview with mrs o in our house :angry: ( ive also had a pre reg visit wit her)
hopefully it wont be much longer ive been calling them every few days now!

TinyTinker
24-11-2010, 09:08 AM
hope you get sorted soon:)

boageymonster
24-11-2010, 10:04 AM
thank you.
just spoke to them again and his dr has filled the lates
t form in wrong so we're back to square one again :mad:

Hebs
24-11-2010, 10:49 AM
i started off the process in the april and was registered at the end of Jan :mad:

no partner to have checked, and believe it or not i was the first out of my "group" to be registered :eek:

boageymonster
24-11-2010, 01:57 PM
i started off the process in the april and was registered at the end of Jan :mad:

no partner to have checked, and believe it or not i was the first out of my "group" to be registered :eek:

:eek: :eek: goodness i bet you were so fed up!! its the not knowing thats doing my head in, i feel like i cant plan anything!!

Hebs
24-11-2010, 02:00 PM
:eek: :eek: goodness i bet you were so fed up!! its the not knowing thats doing my head in, i feel like i cant plan anything!!

yeah, i was so restless esp as i had 2 children waiting to start :eek:

PinkPrincess
25-11-2010, 09:41 AM
My process started in May too and I have just had my pre reg visit so hoping to be registered by January-although Ofsted STILL haven't decided if I need another medical assessment (they have had my forms since August!!) Sometimes I really don't understand how it works-would have thouht it would have made more sense to have all that sorted before pre reg!

Hope you get a decision soon! It's so disheartening!! x

CHUNKY MONKEY
25-11-2010, 03:57 PM
My whole process has taken over 10 months :angry: and I just recieved my certificate in the post today!

Hope your all come through quickly and your DH side of things is all sorted soon

boageymonster
29-11-2010, 10:21 AM
just a quick update, spoke to drs surgery today and they are not in a rush at all to fill the form in :angry: i ahev been advised to put a complant in writing but i dont have a clue how to :(
could anyone help me out, it basically just needs to say that they were requested to send aditional info off within 21 days and still havent

CHUNKY MONKEY
29-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Sorry hun can't help with letter just wanted to send you big hugs :group hug: