PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got their tree up yet?

maisiemog
23-11-2010, 06:51 AM
I wanna put mine up but I married a scrooge....bah humbug!!! Cannot wait for next Weds when it's the 1st and he will have run out of excuses!!! Lol!!!

It's nearly Christmas!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am seriously excited, especially as this year DD is much more aware!

So when are you all putting yours up???

Tink
23-11-2010, 07:01 AM
I know what you mean, my DD is 30 months and it feels like her first real Christmas as the past 3 years she wasn't old enough to understand.
My DH is the opposite to yours and he's the one wanting to put it up on the
1st. We have been watching Christmas movies and it has really got me in the spirit of Christmas, it can't come soon enough:clapping:

miss mopple
23-11-2010, 07:26 AM
No way! Far too early. I'd leave it til xmas eve if I could :blush: (and then they'd be down boxing day :laughing: )

Will probably put them up around the 20th, but tbh I'm not remotely interested in Christmas this year and just want it to go away :( Gotta be done for the kids though so needs must I guess

miffy
23-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Too early for me too. Won't put mine up until at least 12th - have to work out whether they'll survive the mindees attention! :laughing:

Miffy xx

shelly2012
23-11-2010, 07:43 AM
No No NO too early there is someone rnd the coner from me she has hers up for a couple of weeks.:panic:

Mine go up 12 days before and down 12 days after. Or the 2nd january once it all by I want the tree down.

rickysmiths
23-11-2010, 07:50 AM
I will be putting the one in the playroom up for 1/12/10 along with a few ornaments, because I am having a Fund Raising Candle and Chocolate Party on the evening of the 1st and I want to be a bit festive :blush:

I normally put bits up early for the minded children and gradually put up our decorations over the two weeks before Christmas ending with doing the tree on Christmas Eve. Then I usually have them all down by 3rd Jan because dds birthday is on the 4th.

However our tree is going up early this year, by 11th Dec, because we are having a Mince Pies and Mulled Wine Social afternoon and evening with friends dropping in and I want the decorations up for that.

jelly15
23-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Noooooooooo :eek: too soon. First weekend of December at the very earliest here.

snufflepuff
23-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Has to be at least 1st December before ours goes up. We did 12 days before and 12 days after when i was little and i hated waiting that long, hehe! I'm a bit worried this year, i'll have three mischievous toddlers here (22,23 and 18 months) so no doubt i'll be re-docrating the tree every evening after a day of carnage!

Playmate
23-11-2010, 08:09 AM
I will be putting the one in the playroom up for 1/12/10 along with a few ornaments, because I am having a Fund Raising Candle and Chocolate Party on the evening of the 1st and I want to be a bit festive :blush:

I normally put bits up early for the minded children and gradually put up our decorations over the two weeks before Christmas ending with doing the tree on Christmas Eve. Then I usually have them all down by 3rd Jan because dds birthday is on the 4th.

However our tree is going up early this year, by 11th Dec, because we are having a Mince Pies and Mulled Wine Social afternoon and evening with friends dropping in and I want the decorations up for that.

ooow chocies and candles, might have to put that in my diary! If I'm allowed to vitist your posh new playroom :laughing:

we start putting lights up and bits and pieces from the 1st, gradually getting it all out the loft :D Tree goes up when mindees have finished (17th this year) can't be doing with redressing it everyday and we really don't have the room for activities and tree :laughing:

Bear23
23-11-2010, 08:15 AM
No No NO too early there is someone rnd the coner from me she has hers up for a couple of weeks.:panic:

Mine go up 12 days before and down 12 days after. Or the 2nd january once it all by I want the tree down.

Same here, the first is just too soon for me, we get fed up otherwise,

rickysmiths
23-11-2010, 08:18 AM
ooow chocies and candles, might have to put that in my diary! If I'm allowed to vitist your posh new playroom :laughing:

we start putting lights up and bits and pieces from the 1st, gradually getting it all out the loft :D Tree goes up when mindees have finished (17th this year) can't be doing with redressing it everyday and we really don't have the room for activities and tree :laughing:

Our tree goes on the wall so no problem with little fingers!

Sent you a pm about the chocs and mince pies. You know I charge a viewing fee if you want to see the new playroom :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
23-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Don' be daft way too soon

Alibali
23-11-2010, 08:25 AM
No, i wait until dh birthday on 15th Dec! Less time for the los to destroy it.

grindal
23-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I never put a Christmas tree up till the start of the Christmas holidays. Before I had DS1 and 2 I would wait until Christmas eve - family tradition. Remember going to buy our tree as a kid and my Dad giving it a phased introduction to indoor life. It would spend a week in the garden, a week in the garage and then a week in the conservatory to help acclimatise it to spending Christmas in our house :eek:

Will prob put a small tree in the boys room earlier this year, but our main tree in front room will not go up till the Tues or Wed before Christmas. That way it still looks fresh and special by Chrissy Day. Will take down before kids go back to school too.

CHUNKY MONKEY
23-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Putting ours up on the 1st even though we are going to Glasgow on the 19th but it's for my DD (and me):blush: Love Christmas

clio0602
23-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Prob this weekend or the one after :D

Marshmallow
23-11-2010, 11:04 AM
:panic: No its too early

Hebs
23-11-2010, 11:56 AM
mines going up on sunday, and i take it down on new years eve/new years days (or weekend closet)

LOOPYLISA
23-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Let me have my summer holiday first :laughing:

Will more than likely be between the 5th and 9th as won't be back from Egyupt till the 3rd and hubs has his op on the 10th :thumbsup:

Hope that makes sence, im tired :D

sweets
23-11-2010, 01:10 PM
i put mine up about 10 days or so before christmas, last year i did it on a week day with my mindees who were 3 and 4 and we had a lovely time, this year my mindees are all just 2 and under :panic: so i think i will be doing it at a weekend this year :laughing:

i usually take it down in between christmas and new year as all the clutter stresses me out and i will want ot have a good clean :laughing:

singingcactus
23-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Dunno...DH is going away this weekend for 3 weeks, and all the decs are buried in the back of the shed, and it's cold and wet, and don't feel like standing in the rain to get them all out.....but then again, my sons pressie from santa arrived today so the christmas spirit is creeping in, and it's not like my baby mindee will fiddle with the decs, the bigger one might but he's only very part time..oh I don't know.
They should be up by christmas though.

caz3007
23-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Think my hubby is planning on doing ours this weekend, only cos every other weekend until xmas we are busy. I would prefer to wait until the 12th, but we will have been to his xmas do the day before, so dont know if thats a wise decision or not :jump for joy: