PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to do .....

Lorraine B
21-11-2010, 07:35 PM
the DHC ??
I have completed Unit 1 but have been offered to do the other units but i cant seem to find the time :(
Is this something we have to have ?

Lorraine
xxx

Kelly
21-11-2010, 07:49 PM
You do not have to do the whole DHC, if you do it would get you a level 3 qualification if that is what you would like to do. I tutor the DHC and the new diploma and it looks like, (dare I say it) the DHC will require less study hours to complete. Also are you being offered funding to complete the DHC? if so maybe you should consider it, if your local authority is anything like ours there will be no funding for level 3 qualifications from April.

Lorraine B
21-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes it is being funded but only this year so I need to get so much done before christmas.
I have just done Unit 3 but must say I am struggling as its been a long time since I was at school :) and i am doing it on my own :panic:
I wll however persevere and maybe speak to my tutor to see if i can get some help xxxx

sarah707
23-11-2010, 06:32 PM
If there are any questions you need help with you can always ask on here.

Lots of members have done the course :D

Beetlejuice
29-11-2010, 09:56 PM
My personal feeling is take as much funded training/courses as you can!!! I had units 1, 2 and 3 fully funded and then 4 and 5 80% funded. This year our county council have withdrawn a huge amount of training funding, including statutory courses like first aid, because there simply isn't the money. I did the DHC via the National Extension College distance learning which was hard but I'm glad I did it.

Good luck with your decision.
xxx