PDA

View Full Version : inspection when joined with another childminder

kiddywink
21-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I have recently started minding with another childminder and was just wondering if they will come to inspect us when mine is due or my co-minder's. My co-minder had hers last year and was graded good, mine would be 3 years in December. Does anyone know what they usually do or any experience of this.
Thanks!

BlondeMoment
21-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I know two minders that work together and they are both inspected seperately still x

sarah707
21-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I work with my partner. I am overdue, he is still within the 3 years.

Last time Ofsted came out she said we may get a joint inspection next time but she didn't know for sure...

Sorry I'm not sure that's really helpful! :laughing: :D

kiddywink
22-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys! I thought so.....better get ready then!:panic:

Playmate
22-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I think it varies, hubby and I were inspected on the same day but by different inspectors, but I have spoken to other couples in the same county who have been done seperately and some together by one inspector.

claire'scherubs
22-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Ok question for you??!!!! I have just joined forces with a childminder too.

I have been inspected and not due for another 3 years.

Other childminder not been inspected at all yet, as had no children. Prospect phoned her the other day, and we managed to bambuzzle them and got out of the inspection that they wanted to do on her. They hadn't got the change of address and when we asked they said that we probably would be inspected at the same time but would have to check.

Now, no disrespect to my co-childminder, I love her to bits, however ALL the policies and procedures have been written by me, ALL the learning journals have been done by me, so therefore, IF, she is inspected seperately and is given an OUTSTANDING, (I am a GOOD and hope to be better on my next inspection, after joining the forum), then how is that fair and should that not be reflected in my grading too. Does that make sense??

karensmart4
22-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I work with a co-childminder, I was inspected in Sept and when they phoned to say she would be here anytime over the following 2 weeks, I asked if she would be inspecting us both, she didn't know.

When she arrived (9am on the first day) she said that she checked with her manager about doing a joint inspection, her manager checked with her manager...and NO, we would have seperate inspections because; " you usually get one more dominant cm, normally the one who's house you're working from, and you won't get a true understanding of the individual".

So I was inspected, they have to come back to do another inspection in the same house, with the same paperwork, with the same resources and speak to the same people :rolleyes:

Why couldn't they take each of us aside (seperately) to ask us questions :idea:

That would save on stress, anxiety and all of our time :mad:

I want to know what happens if we get different gradings :eek:

cuddlybunny38
22-11-2010, 07:34 PM
me and my daughter got separate inspections, I got good a year later she got satisfactory, everything was the same paperwork the lot, so dont know why I got a good for it all and she didnt lol

claire'scherubs
22-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I work with a co-childminder, I was inspected in Sept and when they phoned to say she would be here anytime over the following 2 weeks, I asked if she would be inspecting us both, she didn't know.

When she arrived (9am on the first day) she said that she checked with her manager about doing a joint inspection, her manager checked with her manager...and NO, we would have seperate inspections because; " you usually get one more dominant cm, normally the one who's house you're working from, and you won't get a true understanding of the individual".

So I was inspected, they have to come back to do another inspection in the same house, with the same paperwork, with the same resources and speak to the same people :rolleyes:

Why couldn't they take each of us aside (seperately) to ask us questions :idea:

That would save on stress, anxiety and all of our time :mad:

I want to know what happens if we get different gradings :eek:

That is totally unfair:eek:

suzyblue
26-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I worked with a childminder for years, we were always inspected separately and she usually got a better grading than me cos she could talk the talk!

juejue
26-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I work with another childminder in my home and we both got done together. She talked to me n my mindees first. then to her with her LO . we had the same paper work n all that and we both got a good.
Think its better to have it done on one day, instead of them coming back again another day .