PDA

View Full Version : BEYOND BELIEF

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Some of you may have read about this is the national papers, I didnt quite believe it so checked out the website and unfortunatly its true.

A couple in America are pregnant after a few mis-carriages and have actually set up a poll to ask the public to decide whether they should abort or keep the baby. The deadline being 24 weeks which is when they can still legally abort.

Im pro-choice (and 34 weeks pregnant with a very much unplanned pregnancy) but am totally disgusted by this.

I hope this couple who IMO are a waste of human organs have this baby give it up for adoption then both have their tubes tied!

Blaze
19-11-2010, 11:01 PM
It was posted about earlier - completely disgusts me:angry: ...I do however believe that what goes around comes around (somehow...& if not in this life then the next):thumbsup:

glitzygal
19-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I know, me to, there is already a post on this, somewhere ,i have read this, its disgusting:angry:

Louise B
19-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I saw this earlier, some people are saying it's a hoax, but even so...!! It's disgusting! How the hell do they think the general public have a right to decide on a person's life?! That child, if it's born, will hear about what they did and feel like he/she wasn't wanted! How hideous, they don't deserve the gift of children! I know so many people who have lost babies, me included, and who struggle through IVF, etc, and to see someone allowing themselves to get pregnant, then this farce of a poll to see if they keep or destroy their flesh and blood is sickening.

I agree that it's a choice, although I still don't think it should be taken lightly or used as a form of contraception. To wait until 24 weeks, unless there is a serious medical reason (I do know parents who have had to face that devastating decision) is dreadful. My son was born at 24+5 weeks, and although he sadly only survived for 2 days, he was a little person, fully formed and waiting for a life, it was only his premature lungs that let him down. I'm outraged that these idiots are waiting until 5 days before my son's gestational age, and wonder if they realise what that termination will entail at that stage?! I think the "choice" should be reduced to 16 weeks unless it's a medical reason. FFS, if you don't know what you want by 16 weeks...!!!

Sorry if I've offended anyone, it's only my opinion and know that others may not feel the same, but don't want to upset anyone, just needed to have my say on these planks!! :angry: xx

Roseolivia
21-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I saw this earlier, some people are saying it's a hoax, but even so...!! It's disgusting! How the hell do they think the general public have a right to decide on a person's life?! That child, if it's born, will hear about what they did and feel like he/she wasn't wanted! How hideous, they don't deserve the gift of children! I know so many people who have lost babies, me included, and who struggle through IVF, etc, and to see someone allowing themselves to get pregnant, then this farce of a poll to see if they keep or destroy their flesh and blood is sickening.

I agree that it's a choice, although I still don't think it should be taken lightly or used as a form of contraception. To wait until 24 weeks, unless there is a serious medical reason (I do know parents who have had to face that devastating decision) is dreadful. My son was born at 24+5 weeks, and although he sadly only survived for 2 days, he was a little person, fully formed and waiting for a life, it was only his premature lungs that let him down. I'm outraged that these idiots are waiting until 5 days before my son's gestational age, and wonder if they realise what that termination will entail at that stage?! I think the "choice" should be reduced to 16 weeks unless it's a medical reason. FFS, if you don't know what you want by 16 weeks...!!!

Sorry if I've offended anyone, it's only my opinion and know that others may not feel the same, but don't want to upset anyone, just needed to have my say on these planks!! :angry: xx

I don't think you'd offend anyone, like you said at 24wks they are a fully formed baby. After having 2 miscarriages i understand how you feel as although my pregnancies ended at 12wks it was still upsetting. i've just had a baby 2wks ago and couldn't imagine what you went through as my baby is so precious to me