PDA

View Full Version : fed up

DAWN44
19-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone, sorry I need a moan.

Had pre reg visit on 7th November all went great. Blooming crb check is taking forever. It is really holding things up. Has been in system since 1st october and has been on stage 4 since 5th october.
I rang them up this morning and lady said, oh yes it has taken longer than usual time scale, but you we cannot do anything for another 8 days.
I have to phone up in 8 days if still on same stage and then they can chase it up.
I have been advertising on net mums and childcare.co .uk, but cos put will be registered soon, probably putting people off.

Sorry for moaning, just worried cos I still have to wait for reg certificate and sort out insurance and stuff after that.

we are so hard up at the moment and really need to start earning some money. x:angry:

~Grasshopper~
19-11-2010, 03:08 PM
aww big hugs.

im also awaiting my crb and its rubbish isnt it.
xxxx

sarah707
19-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Use it to your advantage... advertise spaces for starting after Christmas!

I hope it comes through quickly for you :D

miffy
19-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Use it to your advantage... advertise spaces for starting after Christmas!

I hope it comes through quickly for you :D

Good idea from Sarah!

Hope it doesn't take much longer

Miffy xx

DAWN44
19-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Thank you for your replies, I know I need to keep positive, just having a bit of a bad day today.

I will advertise locally for care for January, hopefully will get some enquiries then. :(

Polly2
19-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Hope you get sorted soon ;)

Louise B
19-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, is it Ofsted you've been chasing? I had the same problem, they couldn't chase the CRBs until 60 (I think) days, but I was desperate to get registered so I ignored their suggestion of waiting, and rang our local police. Mine was back within 3 days, my partners within 4!! The police were brilliant, they said it was on a colleague's desk and she'd literally get it sorted that day, they were so helpful. Give yours a ring if you haven't already, it doesn't hurt to try.xxx

DAWN44
19-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi Louise,

I rang crb people up not ofsted. Not very helpful at all. Thats good that yours came back that quick. Was the police station ok with u phoning. I did think of ringing them, but I am such a worrier, wasnt sure that would be alright.
Just frustrating how long it has took, cos I have had a few crb checks over the years for various jobs, clubs etc. Me and my husband have no convictions and I thought it would have been straight forward. x:(

catlyn
20-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I also rang the police station after some advice on here and lo and behold 3 days later i had my crb...the reg certificate arrived 2 days after that so doesnt take long...give the police a ring...it cant do any harm i rang after 57 days even tho ofsted said they could do nothing till 60 days

keeks
20-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I did the same too, rang up my local police and the lady was really sweet and helpful. She finished and dispatched it the same day. Give it a try, it can't delay it any further. :thumbsup:

Good luck!
xx

candy cat
20-11-2010, 08:59 AM
me too:thumbsup: