PDA

View Full Version : I've had the dreaded phone call!!!

kateshady
19-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Well as my title says, I've had the dreaded phone call & Ofsted are coming to me next week!! I'm dreading it but also just want to get it out of the way!

I only have after schoolies at the mo & only one is in the EYFS so she's going to come first before all the children come to look at my paperwork & then come back when we are back from school!

My childminding development officer says I'm very organise but I dont feel it!!
I think I've got all my paperwork in place but I havent been minding for very long & as only having after schoolies it doesnt give us much time for planned activities. I have got observations for all six areas though.

But I know as soon as I see 'The Badge' I will go completely blank!!
What sort of questions do they ask??
Do you just give them all your folders & leave them to it?

Do you need to know your own policies & procedures inside out??

What will they ask the children??

Please help!!

Thanks

sarah707
19-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I think we all go a bit blank when they knock on the door! :laughing:

Just use the few hours you are with the inspector to show off as much as possible and show all the things you have put in place.

Good luck! :D

miffy
19-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I would put all your paperwork out for the inspector to look through (think about where the inspector can be "based" - she'll need a powerpoint for her laptop and to be somewhere where she can see/hear what's going on).

Once you've done that just carry on doing what you would normally do - don't do anything differently, kids have a nasty habit of tripping you up if you do! :D

She could ask the children anything - what sort of meals they have, do they get to choose what to eat and drink, what do they like about being at your house. If you look on the Ofsted website there's a questionnaire for children (it's meant for cm's not inspectors to use but it might give you some ideas)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Miffy xx

karensmart4
19-11-2010, 04:41 PM
They'll ask you a question or 2 about Child Protection, maybe something about the EYFS (mine asked me to explain it to her as if she were a new parent) and they might ask about the Welfare requirements (I was asked how many there were and what they are).

Hope that helps and good luck :thumbsup: