PDA

View Full Version : WORST JOB IN THE WORLD

angeldelight
19-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Have you ever had a job that was really awful or any of your family had a job that they hated ........ Maybe ...

Terrible pay?

Horrible boss?

Horrible job?

Miles away?

Horrible people?

Long hours ?

Angel xx

SaijaM
19-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, I've worked in quite a few places and professions during my little (hmmmmm) life... and not all of them have been the most desirable.. especially when I was studying and needed to make money for all the nights out!! :D

I guess pay is never big enough, I always want more, whatever the job ;)

Probably the 'worst' job I've ever had was when studying and I was an office cleaner during the evenings... but then again... at my current profession, I'm wiping bums!! :laughing:

It's all relative...

Can't complain, I've learned from all of them!
xx Saija

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I've had lots of jobs !

The hardest I think was when me and my mum were chamber maids:eek:

We had to do lots of rooms in so many hours, we left as it made us I'll in the end, and my back :panic:

I hated the nursery I was in, sure you all remember that !

I just want to find a job at the mo! Neither of the above though :-)

clio0602
19-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I worked in histology labs at the hospital. Bits of body parts floating in jars sometimes whole fingers, toes or eyes. Yuck makes me feel sick remembering the smell of the formalin :-S

angeldelight
19-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I worked in histology labs at the hospital. Bits of body parts floating in jars sometimes whole fingers, toes or eyes. Yuck makes me feel sick remembering the smell of the formalin :-S

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That sounds really horrible

Angel xxx

jellytot
19-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I had an awful job in the summer between leaving school and going to college. the company were very dodgy. We used to re-label things,tomato sauce, jam, tinned fish, dog food. The dog food was awful, some of the cans where blown and could explode at anytime!! the tinned fish was for a well known company. we were also on peace work (sp) where you got paid for the amount you did, I remember the joy we had when we were given a £2ph job!!

angeldelight
19-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I had an awful job in the summer between leaving school and going to college. the company were very dodgy. We used to re-label things,tomato sauce, jam, tinned fish, dog food. The dog food was awful, some of the cans where blown and could explode at anytime!! the tinned fish was for a well known company. we were also on peace work (sp) where you got paid for the amount you did, I remember the joy we had when we were given a £2ph job!!

It is actually surprising just how many dodgy companies there are out there

Bet you are glad you do not do that anymore :laughing:

Angel xx

Ripeberry
19-11-2010, 02:04 PM
My worst job was my first job! It was only weekend work at a local dog kennels, but they also ran a puppy farm, I was only a 17yr old girl who did not know about things like that.
They wanted me to keep the customer's dogs very clean and tidy, but their own dogs, they did not bother to clean out and I even asked them one day as i had finished early and they said "You can do the Cavaliers".
I kid you not, the back room of the farmhouse was full of cavalier puppies must have been over 40 of them and the stink was awful :(

They also bred Alsatians and the howling of their 'pack' used to freak me out when I arrived in the mornings, they only howled at me :panic: One morning I found a dead Alsatian puppy in one of the back kennels, it had been a cold night and it had no bedding whatsoever. I told the boss and he said "So what? It was ill anyway".

I left soon after that as the boss was 'trying it on' with me. Found out a few years later that they were subject to an investigation and were on a local documentary about puppy farms.
Was no naive :(

mrs coops
19-11-2010, 02:33 PM
My worst was an egg factory :blush: it was disgusting i have never eaten mayonaise(sp) or salad creme since but i won't tell you guys why:eek:

WibbleWobble
19-11-2010, 02:37 PM
i was a district nurse in a posh part of cheshire...i know it sounds lovely but my boss was a total :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: and a bully to boot. I would throw up on the way to work cos i was so upset.

mandy xxxxx

PixiePetal
19-11-2010, 02:56 PM

My nephew did that a few years ago - very illegal stuff going on. He did not stay more than a week or 2. Most were foreign teens :rolleyes:

Alibali
19-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I worked in the burns unit in hospital and the smell was just awful and it was just sooooo sad. I can still remember the smell of burned flesh every time I think of it.

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2010, 05:47 PM
My worst was an egg factory :blush: it was disgusting i have never eaten mayonaise(sp) or salad creme since but i won't tell you guys why:eek:

I worked in a chicken factory :panic:

Only lasted 1 day :laughing:

Rubybubbles
19-11-2010, 07:45 PM
blimey!

I have lived a very sheltered life! I have loved all my jobs!

Tinglesnark
19-11-2010, 09:34 PM
these are fab! really interesting!
I have had a few awful jobs! the most memorable was a bar in spain - i ended up running it because my bosses were alchies and i often had to go to the local police station and get them released or sit with them throughout the night at the hospital when they had been in a fight :panic: It was a nightmare and the start of my psoriasis. i ended up leaving one night, locking up and giving the keys to a trusted regular to hand back - they totally drained me :rolleyes:

what an experience!

i had to have a baseball bat under the bar and got in to the habit of taking my dog (my beloved max rip) with me for protection because i was there alone well in to the early hours...

That be why i dont drink now! I have seen some shocking things and alcohol was usually where it all stemmed from....

PixiePetal
19-11-2010, 09:54 PM
blimey!

I have lived a very sheltered life! I have loved all my jobs!

I have only had 2 nanny jobs (lasting 7 and 5 years) then registered - not even had any difficult families in my minding. Thats all in 28 years :thumbsup:

My second nannying job, I started the day after the family got back from hols and flight had been delayed. Parents went to work leaving kids in bed when I arrived. The almost 1yr old had got nappy off (cheap foreign one :rolleyes: ) and poo was everywhere in the cot and on her :eek: By the time mum called in at lunch to see how we were, I had cleaned everything, done washing and we were all sitting eating a freshly made bol :thumbsup: She knew then she had picked the right nanny :D

glitzygal
19-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I have had few jobs, like some,and some i loved, i left school and went into hairdressing, (3 years)
went to live in newcastle with boyfriend,
various jobs as we were just starting out, boyfriend in collage painting and decorating. (i was bread winner)
started in a pet shop, loved it but just cleaned out pets, LIKED
ice cream factory <LOVED> tasted all flovours, shouldnt have,but couldnt resist.
cleaning petrol station forecourt, LIKED
hairdressing, loved ,
had daughter, and came back to swindon,
stayed at home,till youngest was starting school and started childminding,
LOVE IT STILL,
girls are 18 and 15 now, :clapping:

it all brings money in,, to pay bills,etc

gegele
19-11-2010, 10:44 PM
i have had lots of job, from waitress to receptionist passing by chmaber maid, au pair, factory worker, cleaner, pub land lady, commis in a kitchen, care asistant, day care worker with special needs adult, classroom assistant with autistic kids....but by far the most challenging, hard working, tiring stressful job of them has to be childminding!!!!

i love my job for all its good point but the jongling of work and private life, housechores and kids....:thumbsup:

angeldelight
23-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Some of these make me cringe

:laughing:

Angel xx