PDA

View Full Version : confused....please help

SMullin
19-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi

My registration states that i cannot have more than 2 children in the early years group. If i have a 4 year old who attends school full time are they now classed as not being in the early years? Therefore could i have another child who is?
Also does the rule if correct still apply in school holidays?

Sorry if im being a bit "intellectualy challenged"!

Thank you

theplayroom
19-11-2010, 07:35 AM
I would nt want to give answer to this but it does sound like it you can have another, phone ofsted to get confirmation, make sure you get the name of the advisor!

miss mopple
19-11-2010, 07:52 AM
If you have a 4yr old in full time ed you need to get an ammendment to your certificate. If they are your child Ofsted will remove them from the EY group, if they are mindees they need to add the wording

'when caring for 4-5yr old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, provided the maximum number is not exceeded'

this covers you for before and after school and in the holidays :thumbsup: You must have your certificate changed to reflect this wording though

Penny1959
19-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Usually 4 year olds in full time school do not count in the early years group - but so many other things - such as space taken into account as advised before phone ofsted for clarification

Penny :)

SMullin
19-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Thank you for all your help :)