PDA

View Full Version : do i have to do expenses if i've worked 1 month only

nadmaj
12-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi ya

do i have to fill my expenses on the tax retuen even if i've only childminded for 1 month and my income is £1000?

i really don;t want to do unnecessary paperwork? thought i'd ask before i get started.

thank you

Pipsqueak
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
If you are earning then it really is best practice to do your accounts.
TBH I am not entirely sure what you mean - you worked for the month of March and as it went into the new tax year could you not carry it over to the new year tax returns.

Can't help you on that one, I would suggest contacting your local tax office and seeing what they say?

Spangles
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't understand what you mean really.

I would have thought if you worked only for March you would still fill the paperwork in for your taxes as normal up to April. You've got to do it at some point so I would personally just do it now and start on track if you see what I mean.

(If that's what you meant? Ha ha!)

jo f
12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
have you not had any start up expenses?
ncma, equipment etc which mounts up as start up expenditure?

manjay
12-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Not sure if I remember rightly but I think you went back to paid work!! Sorry of I got this wrong. Even so you will still have to declare you minding income so I would definitely take off your expenses

amanda xx

sarah707
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
If you earn any money in a tax year... even if it's only £1... then you have to complete a tax return. It's the law!

You should have registered with the tax office within 3 months of starting minding, even if you only worked for a short time, they don't care! :D

miffy
12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I would do your accounts properly - the inland revenue will ask at some point

miffy xx