PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever absentmindedly done something silly?

Pauline
17-11-2010, 05:41 PM
As the title says, have you ever done something silly while your mind was away with the fairies? :D

I'll admit to mine...........

I once went into the bedroom to get changed and was so busy thinking about something else, the next thing I knew I was getting into bed - trouble is it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon! :laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
17-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I put seal and heal on my ulcer thinking it was bonjela :rolleyes:

ajs
17-11-2010, 05:44 PM
As the title says, have you ever done something silly while your mind was away with the fairies? :D

I once went into the bedroom to get changed and was so busy thinking about something else, the next thing I knew I was getting into bed - trouble is it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon! :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is that really the worst thing you've done Pauline

Ripeberry
17-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I've been known to put the milk in the cupboard and not the fridge :o

manjay
17-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Just yesterday I drove off in the car and realised that it was my puschair I could see in the rear view mirror. I had put the child in the car so I guess it could have been worse:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
17-11-2010, 05:51 PM
When I was 16 I heard my Dad get up so I got up in my school uniform and when I opened my bedroom door to go downstairs my parents were just coming to bed. :laughing: :laughing: It was only 11pm. :panic:

Twinkles
17-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I married DH !! :laughing:

Actually I have sometimes found myself in the supermarket car park when I was supposed to be visiting my mum :blush:

Heaven Scent
17-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Who Me ????????
How Long Have you got???? Stick Kettle on Chucks n make yourselves comfortable I'll be back later :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
17-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Oh & Mrs Ages what about you fessing up that should keep us entertained for hours :laughing: :laughing:

nannysue
17-11-2010, 06:08 PM
What about searching high and low for your glasses .................. and you have then on !!!!!!!!! :blush: :D

Trouble
17-11-2010, 06:09 PM
left the dog out the back and never realised until he bark good job is was alfie as he will bark after 5 mins but jack would be sat there for hours without making a noise:blush:

Mouse
17-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Turned the tumble drier on with the cat inside :eek:

Luckily I didn't leave the room & quickly realised what the strange sound was!

charleyfarley
17-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Went to Tescos a few weeks ago, then popped straight into Cheadle so was gone a few hours. Then I noticed my front door key swinging in the lock as I pulled onto the drive :eek: :blush:

Luckily I'd set the alarm when I left :thumbsup:

Oooh and this week I've sent Blaze the wrong book, while the one she wants is still sat in my pile of paperwork :D

Carol xx

funemnx
17-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Parked at the school, put lo in the pushchair, collected and got back to the car to find engine running doors open....... Doh! :D

Toothfairy
17-11-2010, 06:43 PM
On the way to the Hospital to pick up my Dad's death certificate and belongings the day after he died, I pulled in to get some petrol.

I wasn't thinking straight and put petrol in my diesel car :(

I remembered NOT to turn the engine on and rang the breakdown people, when the chap arrived the winch on his truck had broken so he DROVE my car up onto the back of the breakdown truck.:mad:

Toothfairy
17-11-2010, 06:49 PM
........ooooooh I forget to say,

last week I had the day off and was going to take my Mum Christmas shopping.

I got 2/3rds of the way to her house when I remembered my DD was still in the back of the car. I had forgotten to drop her off at school on the way :eek: :D

berkschick
17-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I was babysitting a few weeks ago. The lady pointed to the top of the bread bin where the kettle was, it was one of those old fashioned shaped ones. Anyway, I fancied a coffee so popped the kettle on the gas stove thing and went to the fridge to find the milk and turned round to see the kettle on fire!

In my defense, the kettle was not on its electric stand thing! I have never been so cross with myself!

kindredspirits
17-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I have a new 9 month old mindee - mum said under no circumstances to give him pork (for religious reasons I think.) She supplies his lunch but he's fighting being spoonfed at the minute - so i gave him a bit of my ham sandwhich.... :eek: luckily i realised before he'd got it to his mouth and managed to rescue it but he was not a happy bunny having food snatched from his fingers..... I was in my defense trying to spoonfeed 3 children at one time. :blush:

babs
17-11-2010, 07:30 PM
ill think about me for a while :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but my mum threw alarm clock in the deep fat fryer instead of chips ... set the pan on fire and i hid under the stairs under old fashioned hairdryer like the ones you sit under in hairdressers i was there for 3 hours and noone could find me till mum came under stairs for something lucky dad put the fire out .... i was 3

SaijaM
17-11-2010, 07:34 PM
... can I even say this in here.... not sure... !

Well, once upon a time I was 'slightly' merry and walked to the wardrobe thinking it's a toilet.... !! :eek:

Glad my brother pulled me out before any accidents happened :blush:

I'm sure I've lost all my 'virtual' dignity now.

Rubybubbles
17-11-2010, 07:38 PM
... can I even say this in here.... not sure... !

Well, once upon a time I was 'slightly' merry and walked to the wardrobe thinking it's a toilet.... !! :eek:

Glad my brother pulled me out before any accidents happened :blush:

I'm sure I've lost all my 'virtual' dignity now.

heehee I thought only blokes did that! :laughing:

Happy Bunny
17-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Don't know if this would be classed as absentminded but

I once did a well silly thing i was kicking the washing down the stairs and not thinking decided to climb over the stairgate.

Result was slipping a hurting between my legs

Becoming the topic of conversation around A&E and the laughing stock of the gyno ward.

And walking like John Wayne for 2 weeks

Alibali
17-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I was out at childminding group when one of the other cm got a phone call, she had just dropped her car off at the garage. She wasn't working that day because of car. They asked her if she'd forgotten something, and lo and behold she had left her son strapped into his car seat:blush: . She was in the mind of not working so forgot she was meant to have children with her:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maryp0ppins
17-11-2010, 09:23 PM
When I first got with hubby 14 years ago we were sat on different chairs watching TV & he said 'chuck the remote over' he wanted to change channels.

Well I was eating a pot of trifle at the time & threw that across the room by mistake......

Lets just say MESS was an under statement.....But we did laugh our heads off at my stupidity :blush: :blush:

mrs_scottydog
17-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I often try and put the coffee or bread in the fridge. Hx

jelly15
17-11-2010, 09:32 PM
DH dropped me outside Chinese takeaway for me to run in and collect our order while he stayed in car with engine running. I ran back to car with the takeaway, it was raining, I jumped into the front passenger seat and did up my seat belt. Was begining to wonder why DH wasn't driving off when a strange voice said, "Can I help you?" While I had been in the Chinese some bloke with the same model and colour car had parked in front of DH.

I got out faster than I got in. DH in fits as he has watched it happen :blush: .

claire'scherubs
17-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I could take over this post with all the stupid things I have done......strangely more have happened since I became a childminder:o

coffee-time
17-11-2010, 10:25 PM
i once polished the whole of the downstairs using fly killer spray instead of the mr muscle!! even the smell didnt make me realise!

ORKSIE
17-11-2010, 10:39 PM
heehee I thought only blokes did that! :laughing:

Me tooo....
Mr O pee'd up the wall on his stag night:panic:

DAWN44
17-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I went to drive thru mcdonalds with a friend. Ordered food at first window, paid, so busy talking drove straight out of car park. Got up road my friend said " wheres the food" . Had to go back really red faced and ask for our order.:blush:

jacey
17-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Put apple juice in a cup of tea instead of milk ---in my defence they were both in the same style of carton, however have made this slip up more than once:blush:

Twinkles
17-11-2010, 11:41 PM
i once polished the whole of the downstairs using fly killer spray instead of the mr muscle!! even the smell didnt make me realise!

Oh just remembered sprayed suncream in my hair instead of frizz ease :blush:

angeldelight
18-11-2010, 07:37 AM

Of course not silly question

Angel xxx

singlewiththree
18-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I've poured orange juice over my cereal.

The worse one is in the past I've put my child in the baby carseat out of the sling and fastened the car seat in but completely forgot to do up the 5 point harness :eek:

I'm always doing daft things and put it down to tiredness and too much on my mind

Bear23
18-11-2010, 08:07 AM
two weeks ago I was making me and DD drinks before bed.

I poured me a glass of wine, and dd her milk, i put my wine in the microwave and gave dd her milk cold :eek:

ORKSIE
18-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I sprayed furniture polish in my hair instead of Hair spray :rolleyes:

Polly2
18-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Brill stories girls!!

Most recent one for me was trying to get into the wrong room at the ncma conference. I had forgotton my voting papers and was rushing - Manjay told me room number but in space of ten seconds I forgot it :rolleyes:

I was so convinced I was at the right door that I got one of the cleaners to let me in - to find that it was wrong room. Thank goodness there was no -one there :blush:

manjay
18-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Brill stories girls!!

Most recent one for me was trying to get into the wrong room at the ncma conference. I had forgotton my voting papers and was rushing - Manjay told me room number but in space of ten seconds I forgot it :rolleyes:

I was so convinced I was at the right door that I got one of the cleaners to let me in - to find that it was wrong room. Thank goodness there was no -one there :blush:

That tickled me!!! meanwhile I was sat in the conference room wondering where on earth you had got to:laughing:

caz3007
18-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Turned the tumble drier on with the cat inside :eek:

Luckily I didn't leave the room & quickly realised what the strange sound was!

I have done that too. Used to run a pub and nipped in whilst quiet to pop the tumble on, its was in the larder, luckily I didnt shut the larder door cos I wonder what on earth that banging was, the cat had gone round a few times

Pauline
18-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I sprayed furniture polish in my hair instead of Hair spray :rolleyes:

So I see :laughing:

ORKSIE
18-11-2010, 01:23 PM
So I see :laughing:

:p

green puppy
18-11-2010, 08:09 PM

:ROFL1: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

green puppy
18-11-2010, 08:13 PM
When I first got with hubby 14 years ago we were sat on different chairs watching TV & he said 'chuck the remote over' he wanted to change channels.

Well I was eating a pot of trifle at the time & threw that across the room by mistake......

Lets just say MESS was an under statement.....But we did laugh our heads off at my stupidity :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: That's brilliant!

Graham
18-11-2010, 09:50 PM
A few years ago I sent an email from work to Pauline moaning that I would be late for tea because I was overloaded with work, unfortunately I sent it to my boss instead, luckily he saw the funny side, I'm just glad I hadn't said anything bad about him. :o

mummyjo
19-11-2010, 01:35 PM
These are hilarious!

Marypoppins that is the funniest thing I have ever heard ha ha! :clapping:

jaytravis
20-11-2010, 07:36 PM
ive done lots but myy most recent one is spraying antispetic(sp) hand spay i n my mouth rather than my mouth spray felt sick all day :panic:

Roseolivia
21-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I worked in a nursery a few years ago and at xmas time we had xmas lights up around a display board. One of the bulbs was broke and in my stupidness wondered what would happen if i touched it, well you can guess, got an electric shock which sent me flying and the other girls were in stitches laughing at me as i'm usually sensible.

Mookins
21-11-2010, 11:42 AM
when i was abut 14 was ahaving dinner at a friends huse, she told me to check how hot the oil was in deep fat fryer....so i just stuck my finger in!!!

:eek:
it was hot!lol

xx

ORKSIE
21-11-2010, 12:00 PM
when i was abut 14 was ahaving dinner at a friends huse, she told me to check how hot the oil was in deep fat fryer....so i just stuck my finger in!!!

:eek:
it was hot!lol

xx

Outch!!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
21-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Said 'i do'!

Put a battery between my lips cos i didnt have a hand free and got a shock when my tongue caught it!

Ran out of the car in a layby and behind a hedge to do a quick 'wee', when i looked up i saw i was in a ladys back garden and she was there hanging out her washing!

ORKSIE
21-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Ran out of the car in a layby and behind a hedge to do a quick 'wee', when i looked up i saw i was in a ladys back garden and she was there hanging out her washing!

Priceless!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Erika
21-11-2010, 02:07 PM
A few years ago, I got up in the morning, kids to childminder and popped off to work. Only to find the gates locked. Walked around to the front of the building where there are no gates, to find the front area where the security guard stands in darkness. I thought that with the gates locked and the front area in darkness that perhaps the security guard was sick or something. The door is secured by a pin code. I entered the pin code, opened the door and the alarms started going off. I don't have the pin code for the alarm system and had to wait for the security to show up. Yep. I'd gone to work on a public holiday when the entire place was shut and triggered the alarm the moment the door was opened. The security man was less than impressed that my actions had woken him out of his bed on a public holiday when he had planned a lie-in. Oops. :blush:

PixiesDen
21-11-2010, 02:08 PM
In a haze of sleeplessness when my dear daughter was a baby I once washed up a crisp packet that had been left on a lunch plate, I did it really well though scrunching up the dishcloth to get into the corners, Hubby stood watching me and only pointed it out when I laid it carefully onto a peak on the drainer to dry! It was 16yrs ago and he still brings it up at dinner parties and social gatherings!!
Ria
http://pixiesmomma.blogspot.com/

BlondeMoment
21-11-2010, 03:31 PM
In a haze of sleeplessness when my dear daughter was a baby I once washed up a crisp packet that had been left on a lunch plate, I did it really well though scrunching up the dishcloth to get into the corners, Hubby stood watching me and only pointed it out when I laid it carefully onto a peak on the drainer to dry! It was 16yrs ago and he still brings it up at dinner parties and social gatherings!!
Ria
http://pixiesmomma.blogspot.com/

Thats really funny!!!

I was once walking to catch a bus with a letter to post in one hand and a Mars bar on the go in the other, I posted the Mars bar then took a bite out of my letter!!!!!