PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors?

Zara
17-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi
I have a question about the needs to be outoors everyday. My own child, who is two, suffers from asthma and the cold air and wind often triggers an asthma attack. I therefore have to try and minimise the time she is out when it is cold, but this obviously impacts on the kids I look after. Do you think that this would be a problem with Ofsted?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kes
17-11-2010, 05:19 PM
They don't have to be outdoors every day its about having access to the outdoors. If a child asks to go out then to follow their interests you should be letting them.

angiemog
18-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I have a very small conservatory and an enclosed decked area just outside. If a child doesnt want to go outside they can stay in the conservatory. Is it a possibility that you can watch children outside and inside? For me it's only since I've had the decking done that I feel confident about the children being outside without my eyes having to be on them 100% of the time. x

Penny1959
18-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I have a very small conservatory and an enclosed decked area just outside. If a child doesnt want to go outside they can stay in the conservatory. Is it a possibility that you can watch children outside and inside? For me it's only since I've had the decking done that I feel confident about the children being outside without my eyes having to be on them 100% of the time. x

Will depend on your layout but mine choose when andif to go out and as I can see them from the kitchen window and the playroom I am confident can supervise those inside and outside.

Penny :)

angeldelight
18-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I know that the cold weather can trigger asthma but maybe you could just go out little and often ?

Wearing a scarf around the mouth and nose can also help - encourage your child to join in the activities

You will soon be able to monitor if she gets out of breath .and coach her to take slow deep breaths. I know she is only young at the moment but they catch on really quick

Even ten min a day is better than nothing and its a shame for your own child to miss out on any fun

My child suffered when he was a child and we tried to keep routine as normal as we could for him and he soon got used to how to deal with it

Angel xx