PDA

View Full Version : quietly seething

sillysausage
16-11-2010, 08:45 PM
OK so DH has got a week off work between jobs. He has a whole host of things to do around the house but decided that he would decorate the dining room now rather than between Christmas and New Year when we both have time off. After spending the weekend putting furniture in the garage, stripping the walls and doing general preparation we were supposed to be putting new lining paper up tonight (we would need the walls of our old house re-plastering if we wanted to paint directly onto them). This morning whilst I was out he decided to start the job himself on his own (following a phonecall inviting him out for the evening). Now most people would think 'great', but DH is not a patient person and when it comes to decorating it is me that hangs the wallpaper and paints the skirtings etc because I am better at it than him and I don't cut corners.
So to cut a long story short he didn't allow the wallpaper time for the paste to soak in and consequently the wall above the window looks like it has been decorated with corrugated paper there are so many bubbles and ruches in the paper:angry: He seems to think that they will all disappear as it dries out. Needless to say I am fully expecting to have to strip the wall and start out all over again tomorrow evening:mad:

nannymcflea
16-11-2010, 08:51 PM
And you're letting him go out?:laughing:

sarah707
16-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I remember it well... then there was divorce and now I get a professional in :laughing:

good luck tomorrow! xx

Joannechildmind
16-11-2010, 10:28 PM
men eh! :D

LOOPYLISA
16-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Ooooopppppssssss :rolleyes:

karen m
16-11-2010, 10:40 PM
oh dear sounds like our house:laughing:

allinatiz
17-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds like our house too!

There has been many an occasion where we will have something planned for the evening and dh has had something diyish he wants to do during the day. Does he start it in the morning so it's finished in plenty of time? Of course not! 4pm is the perfect time to start it, especially when you have plans for the evening :rolleyes:

babs
17-11-2010, 10:05 PM
im a strong beleiver in each man to their own job..... so i pay too...

PixiePetal
17-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Hope the wrinkles flatten, it would drive me nuts and prob have to do it again. See what it's like in the morning.

My dad was a decorator so I always got someone in to do it properly if he was unavailable :o Since moving, DH has done all the lining paper in this house and done a good job (mostly!) too :thumbsup:

sillysausage
18-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Some of the wrinkles flattened but not enough. It still looked the pits. Thankfully I had a few hours off yesterday afternoon and I was able to strip the offending pieces off and replace them. Needless to say mine didn't have a single wrinkle or bubble. If only DH wasn't so impatient.
All this week I've felt the need to escape from the house with my mindees every day (normally we go out to toddler groups etc twice a week). I just know that if I'm in the house I won't be able to bite my tongue and we'll end up having a full scale argument. He's supposed to be painting the walls tomorrow so god knows what will happen there, no doubt I'll have to go around all the edges touching up afterwards.

Penny1959
19-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Some of the wrinkles flattened but not enough. It still looked the pits. Thankfully I had a few hours off yesterday afternoon and I was able to strip the offending pieces off and replace them. Needless to say mine didn't have a single wrinkle or bubble. If only DH wasn't so impatient.
All this week I've felt the need to escape from the house with my mindees every day (normally we go out to toddler groups etc twice a week). I just know that if I'm in the house I won't be able to bite my tongue and we'll end up having a full scale argument. He's supposed to be painting the walls tomorrow so god knows what will happen there, no doubt I'll have to go around all the edges touching up afterwards.

Maybe the paint brushes could suddendly be 'lost' so he can't do painting - my DH hopeless at finding things and so would expect me to find them for him - and of course I either wouldn't have time or would be rushing out - with a promise to find them at weekend lol

Penny :)