PDA

View Full Version : SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE ROYAL ENGAGEMENT

angeldelight
16-11-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11765422

What do you think or are you not interested ?

Angel xx

Trouble
16-11-2010, 06:54 PM
They make a lovely couple his mum would be very proud that he has took his time to find someone who was as sweet as she was:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ajs
16-11-2010, 06:57 PM
i think it's lovely but i hope that they have the sense to keep the wedding a bit low key while the country is in the financial state it's in.

she is lovely though and i agree with trouble his mother would be very proud of him today

Toothfairy
16-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I think they make a lovely couple, Diana would be very proud.

claire'scherubs
16-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Lovely lovely lovely......just can't help thinking that I hope she isn't as doomed as the last the last person who wore that ring. Cynical I know and I really do hope I am wrong, because I love a Happy Ending:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WibbleWobble
16-11-2010, 07:18 PM
i dont think i will be getting a new hat

mandy xxx

miss mopple
16-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys wastsits to be honest :blush:

hello kitty
16-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I think he is lucky to have found her. She appears to be very grounded. It's very poignant that she is wearing Diana's ring.

Good luck to them both.

nannymcflea
16-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I think it's lovely, as I do when anyone gets married, everyone deserves happiness.:thumbsup:

Monkey1
16-11-2010, 07:47 PM
They make a lovely couple his mum would be very proud that he has took his time to find someone who was as sweet as she was:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I think its just what this country needs, something positive to celebrate!

breezy
16-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Bored with it already :blush:

HELEN10
16-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I think it's lovely, as I do when anyone gets married, everyone deserves happiness.:thumbsup:

Awww yea your right they do!

Tinglesnark
16-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I found it incredibly touching how he kept jumping to her assistance during the interview when she floundered! What a lovely lad and she is lovely too! I agree, it was poignant to see her wearing Dianas ring :)
I am very pleased for them and wish them all the best
:thumbsup:

Alibali
16-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I think its lovely, I love a Royal wedding, I'm not sure I'd like Dianas ring though, never brought her much luck!

Heaven Scent
16-11-2010, 08:47 PM
i was surprised that he used his Mothers ring - however, I am sure this wasn't done on a whim and was well discussed with the queen, his father & his wife together with kate and her family I think its a lovely thought. As a joke I said to my 15 yr old son who was with me that William was a cheapskate not buying her her own ring - his reply made me very proud of him he said he used it because it was special and he would have special memories and his mum would be proud of him. My surprise was because the ring was not bought out of love and because his parents marriage didn't last on these grounds I wouldn't have thought it was a good omen. The other thing that surprised me was the outfit that Kate wore was it was a similar shade of blue to the one Dianna wore I wonder who advised her on that????????????

I do feel that their marriage stands a far greater chance of success because of their age, the length of their relationship and because they chose each other plus they probably truely love each other everything that his parents relationship lacked.

I really truely wish them well.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Wow have only just seen the news - too much facebook!!

Great news and a good uplifting spirit for next year on the actual day.

Pauline
16-11-2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11765422

What do you think or are you not interested ?

Angel xx

Didn't know till I read this thread :rolleyes:

I'd wish them well and hope they are happy together but that would be about all my interest. :)

Beetlejuice
16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not really a fan of the royals but there is something quite sweet about William. Irrationally annoyed he used Diana's ring because it's almost the same as my engagement ring lol!!! :o (Though I can see why he used it and I did think it was sweet that he said it was so his Mum would be part of this special event). I can see us all getting v bored with it all v quickly as no doubt will be in the news A LOT in next few months!

TammyN
16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
im really happy for them, i think she reminds me of Diana too which is nice, she would be very proud of them both today

Hebs
16-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I think its creepy that they used Diana's ring

Pipsqueak
16-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I really hope that she will be nurtured and protected. Wishing them all the best and i think its what this country needs.
They look like they are in love and thats what this world needs - more love

glitzygal
16-11-2010, 10:22 PM
:thumbsup: wow, hope it works out for them,,

AND i am waiting for my invite.:p

lets hope he chose her himself and not told to marry her,

LOOPYLISA
16-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys wastsits to be honest :blush:

Me neither :laughing:

ajs
16-11-2010, 10:27 PM
why do you say that hebs

nothing wrong with wearing your mother's engagement ring

LOOPYLISA
16-11-2010, 10:28 PM
why do you say that hebs

My mum is wearing my nans now :thumbsup:

Twinkles
16-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm trying very hard to care........so far it's not working !!

Bushpig
16-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I think they're loads more mature than the other (older) Royals, more level headed and just plain nicer it seems. More real.

Using Lady Diana's ring is a lovely idea :)

Hebs
17-11-2010, 07:04 AM
why do you say that hebs

i just do :panic:

nell57
17-11-2010, 07:28 AM
At first I thought aww how nice and they do seem like a lovely couple:) . But now its been constantly on every other news item /program, I'm slightly getting rather bored by it:blush: :p

angeldelight
17-11-2010, 07:55 AM
At first I thought aww how nice and they do seem like a lovely couple:) . But now its been constantly on every other news item /program, I'm slightly getting rather bored by it:blush: :p

This is just the start of it :laughing: :laughing:

Best get used to it

All hubby keeps saying is does he get a day off like they allowed for Di and Charles :laughing:

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
17-11-2010, 08:39 AM
i just do :panic:

Edward gives Bella his mums ring!!! lol

ORKSIE
17-11-2010, 08:43 AM
I would not want to be in her shoes.

Just hope she lives longer than Wills Mother:rolleyes:

wendywu
17-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I hope we get the day off work like we did with Charles and Dianas wedding :clapping:

Fabby
17-11-2010, 10:44 AM
i think it's lovely but i hope that they have the sense to keep the wedding a bit low key while the country is in the financial state it's in.

Why do you think this? They should have the wedding that they want weather it be big or small regardless of what anyone else thinks or think what is the right thing to do. In my opinion, the only right thing to do, is for them to do what they want.

LOOPYLISA
17-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Bored now :laughing:

tinkerbelle
17-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Why do you think this? They should have the wedding that they want weather it be big or small regardless of what anyone else thinks or think what is the right thing to do. In my opinion, the only right thing to do, is for them to do what they want.

if they paying for it themselves then fair enough go all out however im betting they arent and it'll come back on us good old taxpayers thats my opinion
and to be quiet honest i dont care if they get married or not leave them too it if it was harry then thats another matter i prefer him to william he's got more about him
and another thing where was my soaps last night oh yeah the royal engagement got rid of them

AliceK
17-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Bored now :laughing:

Me too. I thought it was just me that really doesn't care about it all. Good luck to them and all that but I'm sick of hearing about it already. Doesn't help that Kate is from Berkshire and that's where I live so it's all over the local radio, speaking to journalists/presenters etc in the village and trying to get more information etc etc it's all they're talking about. I'm sick of it, sorry :blush:

xxxxx

nannymcflea
17-11-2010, 11:42 AM
and another thing where was my soaps last night oh yeah the royal engagement got rid of them

Well that's one positive already!:laughing: :p

SaijaM
17-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I think they seem like a lovely and sweet couple - all the best to them :)
.. it was all over the channels though last night so had to watch DVD's ;)

.. it's probably bigger news to the UK than I can ever understand.. I guess she will 'produce' the next king or queen right..? After Wills that is!

Mouse
17-11-2010, 12:52 PM
My first thought was that I hope the date doesn't clash with my daughter's dance show next year.

Actually, that was my only thought other than...boring, boring, boring.

I'm not a big fan of the royal family, didn't like Diana and won't be interested in the wedding.
I wouldn't mind if I could switch off from it, but I know it'll be rammed down our throats from now until then. There's no escape!!

Minstrel
17-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm so happy for them. I live in a very Royal town and was hoping the wedding might be here but no such luck.

wendywu
17-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Well i think two young people in love is sweet.

I love a wedding anyway and maybe we will have a days holiday :clapping:

haribo
17-11-2010, 02:41 PM
i think its a little creepy to give her dianas ring too :panic: only because she was so unhappy in her marriage and im superstitious like that .. think they are a nice couple but dont like the way its the only thing on tv to watch :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

angeldelight
23-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Fed up with all the chat already ha ha

Angel xx

angeldelight
23-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Oooooh they are getting married on the 29th April

MY ANNIVERSARY :clapping:

A public holiday too

Lots of bank holiday now in April

Angel xx