PDA

View Full Version : Second enquiry

Mrs M
12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi, I've just had my second enquiry! I had decided to do some canvassing and by the time I got home there was a message on my answerphone asking for a prospectus to be sent. I called the lady back to confirm I'd received her message and said I'd hand deliver the details the following day. So, when I dropped off the details with covering letter, she invited me in. We had a good chat but I felt she may have been put off by the fact that I haven't as yet had any clients and also that I have two dogs (they do have a dog run and kennel which they are in all day, obviously separate from any children but they are lovely dogs!). I have asked her to come and take a look at my home. I talked about the EYFS, told her the benefits of having a childminder rather than sending children to a nursery, spoke about the fact that I'd had no actions from Ofsted when they came round and she also met my lovely 17 month old son. I just want to get started so please cross everything for me!!! I am so ready and thanks to Sarah Neville am very organised with all my paperwork.
So there we go. Will keep you informed. x

crazybones
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Great news. :clapping: You sound very professional. Well done. Best of Luck. :D

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Thats great

Good luck

Angel xx

Noodles
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Good luck hope she gets back to you:)

cuddlybunny38
12-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Well done the footwork paid off, Sharon

Lou
12-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Good luck xx

katickles
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you did a fansatic job - keeping everything crossed for you :)

miffy
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Fingers crossed you get the work

Good luck

miffy xx

Splish Splosh
12-04-2008, 01:56 PM
good luck hope all works out for you.

sarah707
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Great to see you posting Emma! Good luck next week! :D

aly
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
good luck
:thumbsup:

ruby
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
good luck with your enquiry

cathy

emler
12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you

Emler x

Mrs M
14-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to you all for your kind words and support. Unfortunately not heard anything back from her yet and am debating when to give her a call to invite her round to visit my home! I've also reduced my fees so I'm wondering whether to mention that to her over the phone as well or whether she'll think I'm desparate for her business (which of course I am!!!).
Thanks again. x:)

Mollymop
14-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I hope she does get in contact with you soon. I can't see it hurting by giving a ring, after all you do want to know. X

Mrs M
15-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, I decided to give the lady a call this morning. I basically went in with the attitude of presuming she would be wanting to come round! I asked whether she'd had chance to read through the literature I'd left with her and wondered whether we could now arrange for a time for her to come and look around my home. She said she was seeing a couple of childminders tomorrow and that she'd not made any decisions yet. I said that in order for her to make an informed decision, I think she should see my home and all the procedures I have set in place. I did also talk about the fact that I have reduced my prices and she said she'd thought my after school rate was a little on the expensive side! So, she's coming round Friday morning. It's all experience for me whatever the outcome. I'm now just a little nervous about the meeting but at least I have plenty of time to prepare. :panic:

Kelly
15-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Keep positive, hope it all goes well on Friday.

Kelly :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you did a great job of persuading her... fingers crossed for Friday! :D

Mrs M
17-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi all,
Now getting nervous as the lady is coming tomorrow morning. My house is clean and smells wonderful! My fridges and freezer are all at the correct temperatures, my paper work is all up to date. Do any of you have any last minute advice/tips for me? I shall cover the National Standards and EYFS, go through her requirements, talk about my training, insurance, activities, food, diversity, observations etc. I have typed up a list detailing all I want to discuss with her in a particular order but I'm just a little nervous about her questions and whether I'll be able to answer them. Also, my son grazed his head yesterday and I don't want her to think I wasn't taking proper care of him (he happened to be right next to me at the time at a Childminding Network Group!!! Typical.)
Anyway, thanks for your support.
Will report back to you x :panic:

manjay
17-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you have it all under control. Not sure she will check your fridge temperature though:D

I wish you loads of luck and hope it goes well for you:thumbsup: