PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg work

WeePud
16-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone,

I love this forum, so helpful to read through!! I've had my initial visit and my forms are in. My references, bank statement & medical are all in, just waiting for my disclosure & second visit, so hoping to be registered soon.

I have a lady wanting her wee boy to start with me, and she's back to work on December 9th. I'm not sure if I'll be registered by then, but would obviously love to start asap to avoid her putting him into nursery, then maybe deciding that she's as well to keep him there and I lose my 1st client.

Is there any way I can care for him pre-registration? What are the requirements for being classed as a nanny? If anyone can give me any info I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

sarah707
16-11-2010, 07:22 PM
It is illegal to care for a child from your home for money without registration (that's the same in England and Scotland).

Also you would not be insured.

You could be a self employed mother's help and work from the child's home.

Otherwise you could be an employed nanny but I'm not an expert in that I'm afraid so I suggest you take advice from a nanny agency.

I hope your paperwork comes through quickly! :D

WeePud
17-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Ach well, was worth thinking about anyway :)

My disclosure arrived yday afternoon, yay. Realised I've still to wait for my partner's though, he's never had one done before so I did expect his to take a bit longer. Hoping that my CCO will try to arrange my pre-reg visit in the meantime though, and hopefully his disclosure will be here by the time she gets out to see me. We shall see!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.