PDA

View Full Version : Rash - any ideas

Pipsqueak
15-11-2010, 09:56 PM
H has a rash on his feet! on the soles. its a red pin prick but in clusters spread all over.

he has been unwell all over the weekend - croaky throat - hoarse, sore, fever, headache

any ideas please

Twinkles
15-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Is the rash blistery ? Or under the surface of the skin ?

Pipsqueak
15-11-2010, 10:06 PM
under the surface of the skin.
he says its sore to walk and touch the areas.

Twinkles
15-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh there are some lovely pics on here ...enjoy !!!

http://www.skinsight.com/searchResults/child_Male_Sole.htm

The Juggler
15-11-2010, 10:13 PM
not hand foot and mouth hon. i know often they are blisters but they can also look red and pin prick???

have you had a look in his mouth. one of my mindees couldn't eat with H, F and M as they had loads of the spots on the tongue/throat.

claire'scherubs
15-11-2010, 10:17 PM
not hand foot and mouth hon. i know often they are blisters but they can also look red and pin prick???

have you had a look in his mouth. one of my mindees couldn't eat with H, F and M as they had loads of the spots on the tongue/throat.

Thats what I thought too. My DD had it a few months ago, and was generally unwell, her feet hurt, couldn't eat and had a mouth full of blisters......its horrible....sending hugs

Pipsqueak
15-11-2010, 10:26 PM
he is sat next to me- mouth and hands are clear although he says his mouth is 'tingly'

thanks for the pictures Twinks - lovely:thumbsup:

will dose him up and pack him back to bed and see how we go tomorrow

Lou
15-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Hope he feels better soon Pip xxx

charlie potato
15-11-2010, 11:17 PM
hope hes better tomorrow bless him. Doc i think it is. xx:(

mama2three
16-11-2010, 07:31 AM
It could still be hf&m pip - the blisters are often right at the back of the mouth and in the throat , and hes had a sore throat? Not nice , hopes hes feeling better soon x

ORKSIE
16-11-2010, 08:01 AM
How is H this morning???

angeldelight
16-11-2010, 08:06 AM
How is H this morning???

I was just going to ask the same

Hope its nothing serious

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
16-11-2010, 08:13 AM
he seems ok. throat croaky but not sore. rash on feet stil there but nothing anywhere else. still says the spots on feet are hurting when he walks.

been ringing the docs for an appintment - guess what..... can't get through:rolleyes:

ORKSIE
16-11-2010, 08:20 AM
he seems ok. throat croaky but not sore. rash on feet stil there but nothing anywhere else. still says the spots on feet are hurting when he walks.

been ringing the docs for an appintment - guess what..... can't get through:rolleyes:

No suprise there then:rolleyes:

Trouble
16-11-2010, 02:17 PM
How are you getting on?

Pipsqueak
16-11-2010, 02:47 PM
he seems ok - the rash faded a fair bit by this afternoon but the hoarse raspy throat returned and the up and down fever.
Went to ask the pharmacist (fat lot of good they have EVER been whenever I have asked them) - he just looked really confused and kept on about a cough. told him several times rather firmly that H has not had nor does he have a cough. he thinks the rash is unrelated and if i am concerned go to the doctors.
Well thank you Einstein but i have to admit the bloke did look like he was about 16yr old!

Think he can go back to school tomorrow and spread it around what ever it is! lol (kidding - will keep an eye on him)

The Juggler
16-11-2010, 10:49 PM
hope he's a bit better tomorrow Pip. one of my mindees mum caught it and was so poorly with it - twice. She had to have a week off work each time. Think you get iller the older you are:(