PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful tragedy as bull kills walker

Pauline
15-11-2010, 04:21 PM
A gentleman was killed and his wife critically injured by a bull as they walked through it's field in Leicestershire. :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/countryside/8131482/Bull-kills-walker-and-leaves-wife-critically-injured.html

Having been attacked by a cow a couple of years ago, as we crossed a field with friends, I have since been scared to enter fields with cattle in them.

This is such a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

Twinkles
15-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I saw this too. Very scarey !!

We do a lot of walking but DH's Aunt was attacked by a cow a few years ago so we won't go near them either.

Such a tragedy.

Andrea08
15-11-2010, 06:10 PM
OMG hope she going to be alright :eek:

Ripeberry
15-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Tragic :( I don't like cows and young heifers are the worst, they follow you around the field and crowd you almost squashing you :eek:
If I have to go into a field of heifers then I always carry a big stick.

miss mopple
15-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Thats awful :(

We had a bad experience in a field of cows recently. We didnt know they dont like dogs and got surrounded by a very intimidating herd :eek: In the end hubby picked up the dog, I pikced up DD2 and we legged it and got away but at one point I seriously thought we may have to swim to safety as it was alongside the canal :laughing:

nannymcflea
16-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I always joke about cows sizing me up but I will truly not go into a field with them. They are such powerful creatures.

What a tragedy.:(

miffy
16-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I hate crossing any field with cows in it! :panic:

After reading this I know why!

Miffy xx

haribo
17-11-2010, 03:00 PM
this is tragic . feel so sorry for his wife and family . my mum was born and lived on a farm till she married and has always refused to go through a field with cows in :panic: their neighbouring farmer was attacked by his own bull and only escaped because he managed to roll under the electrified fence .