PDA

View Full Version : Please, please help with daily diary sheet

Pixie dust
14-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi
I have my new little baby starting tomorrow (3 weeks old) mum doesn't want the daily diary book that I use so I want to use a daily sheet that I can hand over at the end of the day. I will be happy then that I have made a record of what goes on during the day mum will know last feed etc, as a recent member I have not reached that magic number yet I can't access the ones on here, would any one be so kind to have one to share if not I will have to quickly devise my own.

big thank you

karensmart4
14-11-2010, 07:26 PM
You could make something like this one, just adapt it to what suits you :D

miffy
14-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Only 3 weeks old :eek: , bless. Hope everything goes well for you

Miffy xx

Pixie dust
14-11-2010, 09:47 PM
karensmart4 thanks thats given me a starting point.

Only 3 weeks old , bless. Hope everything goes well for you

Thanks miffy I am quite excited but nervous too, already know the family well as I look after her sister already but 3 weeks is so young.

smartie
14-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I use a 'post it note' system with parents who do not want to use a book system. I start the post it note with : Today I... and place it in the childs bottle box, which is exchanged every day, or in their lunch box for older children.

I also have a system that when they make comments to me about their childs progress i say to them can I write this up in their diary, and then on another occasion ask them to sign it. This worked well in respect of ofsted.

Pauline
15-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi
I have my new little baby starting tomorrow (3 weeks old) mum doesn't want the daily diary book that I use so I want to use a daily sheet that I can hand over at the end of the day. I will be happy then that I have made a record of what goes on during the day mum will know last feed etc, as a recent member I have not reached that magic number yet I can't access the ones on here, would any one be so kind to have one to share if not I will have to quickly devise my own.

big thank you

You can access the ones on here now, you only need a few posts to get that 'magic' number you mention and you have over 70!! :thumbsup:

Rain or Shine
15-11-2010, 09:19 PM
How sad that a mother would put their child into childcare at 3 weeks, must need the cash. And why on earth would ou not want a diary book when they are so young!

Mrs Book
15-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Can't offer any adive the others haven't.

Do agree how sad it is that a mom is putting her baby into childcare. First few weeks are the best.

Good luck.

juejue
15-11-2010, 09:35 PM
My cm friend has a 3 week old baby when she first started childminding , he is 4 now and still with her. Mum had to go back to work so soon because she was self employed and couldn't live on the maternity pay.

Pixie dust
15-11-2010, 09:43 PM
You can access the ones on here now, you only need a few posts to get that 'magic' number you mention and you have over 70!!

Oh ok when I clicked on a link when I did a search about this it wouldn't let me access them so I thought I had to be a full member 300+

Pauline
15-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh ok when I clicked on a link when I did a search about this it wouldn't let me access them so I thought I had to be a full member 300+

Sometimes if you do a search you have to log in again if it is to access something, so perhaps that is what came up :)

Pixie dust
15-11-2010, 09:48 PM
How sad that a mother would put their child into childcare at 3 weeks, must need the cash. And why on earth would ou not want a diary book when they are so young!

Mum is self employed and can't afford to be off work so I have the little one 3 days a week.

She doesn't want the diary book as it's something else to remember to bring back, mum is quite scatty and always rushing here and there, thats why I am going to do the sheet but to be honest she just wants erbal feed back everyday.

Day 1 went well had 3 under 26 months Monday is my busiest day :clapping:

Pixie dust
17-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Sometimes if you do a search you have to log in again if it is to access something, so perhaps that is what came up

I think the link is for "GREEN" members for the daily sheets, nevermind I will get there eventually.