PDA

View Full Version : I have a dilemma

EllaBella
14-11-2010, 01:54 PM
:blush:

Hello everyone, I am back! but not to childmind:o

as you know I have taken a job working for the nhs, now I have been given the chance to go to uni for 3 years to qualify as a mental health nurse.

this is my dilemma, its a 3 hour round trip on public transport to the uni, which I dont fancy doing tbh. I have found a gorgeous apartment, which is ten mins from the uni, im so desperate to do the course im wanting to take it, however, it would mean changing my daughters secondary school, pulling her out of her school which she loves and having her mke new friends, ect ect , she is a shy girl, nd im feeling torn beyond belief.

one part of me says, stay put its not fair on her

the other part screams move! go to uni, get a degree nd an excellent job at the end of it.

it also means no grden, but the apartment is a luxury one overlooking a cathederal. gated and locked secret garden , 2 mins from apartment, only for residents..

my daughter will be thinking about her gcse next sep onwards, so if i move it MUST be done before this as i jsut wouldnt uprot her when thats going on.

can anyone offer me any advice, thinking of my daughter having to make friendss, possibly being left out, lonely because everyone alreasy hs freinds makes me feel physically sick ( i hated school and it was hell for me the whole time!) I really am confused.

thanks everyone xx

kindredspirits
14-11-2010, 02:04 PM
have you discussed it with your daughter?? i would say go for it -you only live once and its fairly certain your dd will settle in at a new school.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
14-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I use to have to travel that time to get to uni as it was in central london and to be honest wasnt too bad. Im guessing you will be doing lots of placements so wont actually be going into uni every day.

what does your daughter say about it?