PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Santa questions !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gizmo
13-11-2010, 08:41 PM
My oldest is 7 next week and we have been bombarded today with the Santa questions and I have surprised myself with the answers
Q - Mum how do you pay Santa for our pressies
A - Santa has internet banking and we pay through that
Q - Mum I only want surprises how does Santa tell you what he has got me
A - When he has decided he sends us an email
Q- Mum when you where little there wasnt internet how did Gran pay for it
A - She gave the money to Santas helper in the grotto

My brain is knackered (sorry Orksie) with all the quick thinking what else will she ask ??????????????????????????

nannymcflea
13-11-2010, 08:48 PM
lol. :clapping:

Ours only get one small gift from the fat red man, the others are bought by us.

Bear23
13-11-2010, 09:10 PM
lol. :clapping:

Ours only get one small gift from the fat red man, the others are bought by us.

I so wish i had done this
every year I go mad, spend a fortune, then she asks 'what did you get me mum'

just not sure how i'd go down to the one present from santa thing! especially as her friend s recieve loads from santa.

Its lovely but a nightmare as well

sarah707
13-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I used to give mine a small sack from Santa and the rest was from me and their dad.

I think your answers are wonderful! Do you think someone has said something to prompt it all? :(

fionamal
13-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I so know what you mean. My 7 year old is exactly the same, have a feeling this is gonna be her last year , hope not though

PixiePetal
13-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Very inventive answers!

My two had a pillowcase of bits like colouring books and pens from FC with one main toy too like a board game they had asked for. Big presents were from us - then if we had less money FC could always go to poundland and they had to understand we were a bit low on funds so not to ask for huge presents.

little chickee
13-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Santa sent my boys a text last year to tell them to look in the garage as their presents (go-karts) were too big to fit in the house. I changed my hubbys name in my mobile to read Santa and sent myself a text from his mobile!

My kids get their stocking and one present from Santa - the rest are from US.

loocyloo
14-11-2010, 05:02 PM
My kids get their stocking and one present from Santa - the rest are from US.

same here.

and the present is usually a selection box!

santa has his own wrapping paper and i have to hide it, so DH doesn't use it for anyone else !!!! :rolleyes:

Alibali
14-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Santa has internet banking:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Love it!
I've told my youngest that Santa has been affected by the recession the same as everyone else, as his Santa gift won't be so big this year:laughing:

Lou
14-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Why are such young children stopping beliveing these days??? Just wondering???

Ours get a stocking which is from Father Christmas, and by stocking i mean full of stocking filllers which to me is things like selection box, pens, pencils, ruubbers, choc coins, cheapy primark hair things for DD, cheapy deodrants etc for DS.

"Big" presents go under the tree and are from us.

My DD is 7 and a half and completely beleives, she also beleives in fairies and the like, and she is VERY grown up for her age. DS is nearly 13, and of course knows about Father Christmas, but still beleives in the magic of Christmas.

I would have been tempted to answer the questions as because he is magic!!!!!

We all do things differently though and thats what makes this forum so interesting...learning other peoples opinions, ways etc.

charlie potato
14-11-2010, 09:40 PM
i remember as a child there was a present left behind with another boys name on. I've never asked my mum and dad what it was...will have to ask them now i've remembered the memory. xx :laughing:

AliceK
14-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I've also had to start telling my DS that mummy has to send santa the money for the presents. He hasn't asked me how I get the money to him though :laughing: .

xxx

claire'scherubs
14-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I've also had to start telling my DS that mummy has to send santa the money for the presents. He hasn't asked me how I get the money to him though :laughing: .

xxx

Thats what we do!!!! My DS is 8 and still believes, although after Christmas last year we got lots and lots of questions and like you had to think on our feet a bit quick.

I did say to DH that if he started asking question this Christmas then maybe we have to tell him as our DD is 4 (today :) ) and didn't want him to spoil the magic for her!!! However, at the moment we believe again and have already sent the letter to Santa.