PDA

View Full Version : just to let you all know

beccas
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
ITS EID on tuesday, wednesday and thursday.

At the end of the Hajj (annual pilgrimage to Mecca), Muslims throughout the world celebrate the holiday of Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice). In 2010, Eid al-Adha will begin on November 16th, and will last for three days.

During the celebration of Eid al-Adha, Muslims commemorate and remember Abraham's trials, by themselves slaughtering an animal such as a sheep, camel, or goat. This action is very often misunderstood by those outside the faith.

On the first morning of Eid al-Adha, Muslims around the world attend morning prayers at their local mosques. Prayers are followed by visits with family and friends, and the exchange of greetings and gifts. At some point, members of the family will visit a local farm or otherwise will make arrangements for the slaughter of an animal. The meat is distributed during the days of the holiday or shortly thereafter to friends and family.

Andrea08
12-11-2010, 07:47 PM
TY, but what can we do as cm's to introduce the understanding into our settings because my LO's wouldn't like to hear about the animal bit/

xx

Hebs
12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
we will be celebrating :thumbsup:

Mollymop
12-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for sharing

breezy
12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Thank you x

miffy
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you

Miffy xx

loocyloo
13-11-2010, 07:08 PM
TY, but what can we do as cm's to introduce the understanding into our settings because my LO's wouldn't like to hear about the animal bit/

xx

thank you, but can you help with introducing it to LO?

happy eid

xxx

beccas
13-11-2010, 11:04 PM
i tell them its like christmas for muslims as the children get gifts of new clothes off their parents and eidy ~~(eid money) off family.

then boys and men go to mosque in the morning to read prayers (like mass) then they come home and have a special breakfast before giving out eid money and maybe going to vist all relatives then they have a big dinner with all family together (like xmas dinner)

you could show them pics (~or get some to try if you can) asian sweets.

show them pics of mosque's and clothes they wear if you my friend on face book feel free to look through my pics nad pinch some. lol (rebecca mughal) there will be more on next week prob wed. but theres some on from last year of us dressed up and kids.

FussyElmo
14-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks Beccas thats a lovely way of explaining it :thumbsup:

Daftbat
14-11-2010, 09:50 AM
i tell them its like christmas for muslims as the children get gifts of new clothes off their parents and eidy ~~(eid money) off family.

then boys and men go to mosque in the morning to read prayers (like mass) then they come home and have a special breakfast before giving out eid money and maybe going to vist all relatives then they have a big dinner with all family together (like xmas dinner)

you could show them pics (~or get some to try if you can) asian sweets.

show them pics of mosque's and clothes they wear if you my friend on face book feel free to look through my pics nad pinch some. lol (rebecca mughal) there will be more on next week prob wed. but theres some on from last year of us dressed up and kids.

This doesn't explain about the actual festival of "sacrifice" though. Instead just the elements of giving and receiving are shown. I have looked at this festival before and have decided to skip it. Sometimes it just doesn't fit with the younger children.

beccas
14-11-2010, 02:07 PM
This doesn't explain about the actual festival of "sacrifice" though. Instead just the elements of giving and receiving are shown. I have looked at this festival before and have decided to skip it. Sometimes it just doesn't fit with the younger children.

the bit about scarifce is about going without as this festival follows hajj where they travel to mecca on pilgrimage. and where white clothes,

The act symbolizes our willingness to give up things that are of benefit to us or close to our hearts, in order to follow Allah's commands. It also symbolizes our willingness to give up some of our own bounties, in order to strengthen ties of friendship and help those who are in need. We recognize that all blessings come from Allah, and we should open our hearts and share with others.