PDA

View Full Version : did you know that the flu jab

Hebs
12-11-2010, 10:35 AM
now contains the swine flu vaccination??

they government have sneakly mixed the 2 vaccines and not made it public knowledge

:mad:

kindredspirits
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
It doesn't surprise me tbh. This is why I refuse any vaccinations - you don't know what they are going to put in it. :angry:
(This is also probably why they were so keen to give all pregnant women a free flu jab suddenly - because none of them wanted the swine flu jab last year.)

mama2three
12-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Strains of flu change so quickly that every year the jab will protect against different strains - swine flu is one of them.

kindredspirits
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
swine flu has been proven to be non-existant - it's the same formula for typical common flu - so god knows whats in that vaccination.

Hebs
12-11-2010, 11:47 AM
swine flu has been proven to be non-existant - it's the same formula for typical common flu - so god knows whats in that vaccination.

dr has just rang me, basically no option take it or leave it

hmmmmmm

have cancelled my app :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
good for you! :thumbsup:

barbarella68
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
It was not secret it was all over the news in August/September, I have it because I am Diabetic, why would you not want it?- I know someone who died of swine flu, a flu or swine flu injection has never killed anyone but the disease does.

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I have had it, last weekend :thumbsup: didnt know and tbh wouldn't of made the slightest difference, caught pneumonia through the flu 2 yrs ago :panic:

I do have all vaccinations so does hubs and dd in fact she has just had the hpv :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
12-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Hubby has it every year as he has asthma, he even had the swine flu jab when it came out. So did Mitchell :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Alibali
12-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, I had heard that they have combined it.

curlycathy
12-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I knew they had combined it. Made no difference to me - both myself and dd have the jab as we are asthmatic. I've seen my little girl hooked up to oxygen and on a nebuliser and I'll do anything to prevent that happening again x

Tups
12-11-2010, 03:15 PM
eeek I had it yesterday, as I do every year, im asthmatic too, nurse told me its changed every year,

Hebs
12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
i'm not happy that they've been mixed,

the more i learn about vaccinations the more i'm against them :panic:

sarah707
12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
i'm not happy that they've been mixed,

the more i learn about vaccinations the more i'm against them :panic:

I agree they are putting a cocktail of goodness knows what in people and we are the last to know whether things have been fully tested.

However each to their own and I equally wouldn't want to see anyone hooked up to a nebuliser or worse for the sake of early prevention.

I have always given my ds the choice because he reacted so badly to his early childhood injections and he has always chosen not to have the jab.

xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I was offered it as im pregnant but declined

funemnx
12-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Hubby had it last weekend, a bit poorly for a few days :(

babs
12-11-2010, 09:41 PM
my doctor offered it to me 2 weeks ago a week in to going down with what id call the flu wish i had had it now as im into my 3rd week of feeling like poop really dont know how ive opened at all just as i think im getting over it, comes back worse than ever ... said i and my family can be offered it due to me been a childminder, might take him up on the offer when i begin to feel better..

Hebs
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree they are putting a cocktail of goodness knows what in people and we are the last to know whether things have been fully tested.

However each to their own and I equally wouldn't want to see anyone hooked up to a nebuliser or worse for the sake of early prevention.

I have always given my ds the choice because he reacted so badly to his early childhood injections and he has always chosen not to have the jab.

xx

i'd have the flu jab but i dont want the swine flu one, but that choice (again) has been taken away :mad:

Ali56
12-11-2010, 10:07 PM
DD is immuno-supressed and has JIA, I make sure she has the vaccination as the alternative is far, far worse and doesn't even bear thinking about. She had a sore arm for a day or 2 but other than that nothing. She had the swine flu when it first came out too. I know that they have alsorts of nasty things in, a lovely person on netmums posted a list too to terrify everyone else into not having it and said she'd rather her children were ill than give them the vaccs!:panic: :panic: She clearly is a thoughtless, selfish person, who is lucky enough to have a very healthy family-I hope for her childrens sake they stay that way.

Hebs
13-11-2010, 01:54 PM
DD is immuno-supressed and has JIA, I make sure she has the vaccination as the alternative is far, far worse and doesn't even bear thinking about. She had a sore arm for a day or 2 but other than that nothing. She had the swine flu when it first came out too. I know that they have alsorts of nasty things in, a lovely person on netmums posted a list too to terrify everyone else into not having it and said she'd rather her children were ill than give them the vaccs!:panic: :panic: She clearly is a thoughtless, selfish person, who is lucky enough to have a very healthy family-I hope for her childrens sake they stay that way.

sorry but i agree with not vaccinating and if i ever had more children they will not have the recommended jabs.
I'm far from "selfish and thoughtless" as my son has been vaccine damaged by his MMR so not just basing my views on "scare stories" but my own experiences

kindredspirits
13-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I chose not to give my son the MMR or various other jabs - in fact the last he had was when he was 18 months old - he's a very happy, healthy child. I think parents should make their own informed choices based on information available - if this netmum was posting things that are absolutely true, like the amount of mecury in vaccines for example which is poisenous - I don't see how that can be considered scaremongering. :rolleyes:

Ali56
13-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I think we do have to each make our own choices and I agree that everyone has and should have that chioce. I guess it all came out wrong and I probably said it all badly. I was cross at the way she said she'd rather her kids were ill-not sure I could say the same. I'd hate for my already compromised child to become life threatenly ill, and would do anything to prevent it. In almost all but a very tiny percentage of people the flu vaccine is very safe and whilst I rather it didn't have chemicals in, it does. The vaccine debate is clearly one most people feel very strongly about one way or the other, I guess I am lucky enough to have children that don't react to them.
Hebs- I'm very sorry to hear about your son, nobody would wish another child ill :(

Hebs
13-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Hebs- I'm very sorry to hear about your son, nobody would wish another child ill :(

don't feel sorry, i love my cheeky chap so much :D