PDA

View Full Version : Bags packed!!!

Sarah Louise
10-11-2010, 10:13 PM
All ready to set off on Fri morning to conference. Not sure what to expect as it's my first time but sure it'll be fun and at least i'll get two lie ins in a row!!:clapping:

Minstrel
10-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Have fun! :thumbsup:

Penny1959
11-11-2010, 05:29 AM
How exciting - I can not afford to go this year (just returned to childminding after a 7 year break and did not earn any money for 7 months this year).

I really wanted to go AS A CHILDMINDER - I have been to 5 conferences but not as a childminder and therefore never been able to vote.

On 2 occasions I went as NCMA staff - brilliant BUT long hours getting everything ready and during the conference.

The other 3 occasions were as Local Authority staff (I was a childminding network coordinator) - best events as no real work - just chatting to collegues and the childminders there from our area - plus picking up lots of information (and a huge amount of resources) to share with the network childminders - my idea of heaven really.

I have already started saving up for the next conference so I get to go next year.

Just one little word of warning - it can be exhusting, if you 'do' everything - and if you have the option try and arrange for the following Monday as either a quiet day or take the day off

Enjoy

Penny :)

sarah707
11-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Have fun! :D

singlewiththree
11-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Wow your prepared. I was going to do it tonight but now DD has been sick so I'm frantically trying to find someone to care for her tomorrow. Her dad would have her but I know he would go to work and his GF would care for her and I'm just not comfy with that, I know DD would be as she has cared for her since she was 8mths and we split. Might see you there!

miffy
11-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Have a great time!

Miffy xx