PDA

View Full Version : stocking help pplleease

mushpea
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
ok need some help with what to put in the kids stockings this year pllleeeeaaaasssee,,,, am stuck cause they r past the age of playing with toys,,,, i have a boy age 10yrs and a girl age 12yrs ,,,, have you got any ideas of what to put in their stockings please

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Not much good with boys, but in my 11yr old DD's I'm putting

sweets
fimo clay
scratch art set
cd
nail varnish
bath bomb
mobile top up card

bit of an odd mix but she'll like it :laughing:

singingcactus
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
If you fancy cheating, then look no further than here.....http://www.hawkin.com/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=36841 (from 3rd item down)

FussyElmo
10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
My dd will have a book, choccies, cd and some make up - the phone top up is a good idea though :thumbsup:

Ds will have chocccies, book, whatever cards he is collecting, perhaps some comic s:thumbsup:

ajs
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
i always theme their stockings so most of the gifts would follow the theme

eg last yr dd1 had spongebob so she got a glasses case, a fun pack and afold up bin and she's 17
this year she's having russian dolls and so far i have bought a set of russian dolls from wilko, a set of russian doll note cards, and some russian doll boxes

dd2 is having roses and i have bought her some beautiful rose bath stuff, and a rose jewellery box and ring

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
My dd is nearly 13

She still has a stocking and always will :blush: but knows its from us :thumbsup:

I will put things in like

sweets
smellies
socks
pretty note paper
pens
not sure what else untill i buy it :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Clues on where their presents are hidden?

A note that says: breakfast in bed for parents is required?:D

Piece of coal, orange and a penny?

Sorry, no ideas, my 11 year old dd said "no stocking presents, spend the money on something decent"...:eek:

Mouse
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
i always theme their stockings so most of the gifts would follow the theme

eg last yr dd1 had spongebob so she got a glasses case, a fun pack and afold up bin and she's 17
this year she's having russian dolls and so far i have bought a set of russian dolls from wilko, a set of russian doll note cards, and some russian doll boxes

dd2 is having roses and i have bought her some beautiful rose bath stuff, and a rose jewellery box and ring

Have you looked in Accessorise? They do some lovely russian doll stuff, so does Paperchase.

Twinkles
10-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Girl;
bubble bath
nail polish
emery board
paint your own mug
bath bomb
Personalised pen
'' ''' diary
'' '''' keyring
cosmetic bag
mirror
chocolate

Boy;

Cards/top trumps
chocolate
Christmassy socks
''' ''' boxers
diary, key ring , pen etc
cheap smellies ( lynx etc )
small magic trick /practical joke

Mouse
10-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I can't believe someone's son is saying don't get a stocking!! My kids still have to have them & the eldest is 20!

I get them bubble bath, shower gel, hair gel, a comb, socks, boxer shorts, sweets, pen, magazine, something silly like an animal balloon making kit or a silly hat. Hawkins Bazzarr is always good for the silly thing.

mushpea
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
some great ideas thanks,,,, my parents still get me a stocking and they do it for my kids and now we do it for them too, just daft stuff like car sponge, deicer and stuff,,,but just so we have a pressie to open on christmas day, like hawkins bazar that looks good.

Twinkles
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm doing one for DH and MIL for the first time this Christmas. It's been fun finding bits to go in them :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
My sons will be 19 and 18 at Christmas and still have a stocking - though its getting more difficult to know what to put in them!!! Always have chocolate orange, lottery stratch card (last couple of years) £2 coin, toothbrush, sweets, gel, ???????????????????? was much easier when they were younger and could put pens, pencils, rubbers etc.

nannymcflea
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I can't believe someone's son is saying don't get a stocking!! My kids still have to have them & the eldest is 20!

Thats my 11 yr old daughter mouse. She considers herself too old now she's at secondary.

But guess what, she's getting one.:D

Mouse
10-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Thats my 11 yr old daughter mouse. She considers herself too old now she's at secondary.

But guess what, she's getting one.:D

Oops...your daughter, not son!

There was uproar at home when my mum said she was going to stop doing stockings. Fair enough, I was 18 & had left home, but still...

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I might do hubs one this yr :D

Any ideas ?????

berkschick
10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
My boys have Lynx, goalie gloves, football team (one Man U other Liverpool) drinks cups, PJs, DVD (just £2.99 one from Play.com), money box thingy, chocolate coins.

My 16 year old has mainly a selection of 99p things from Avon online, room spray, body butter, jewellery, etc as she has a laptop as her main present so have been tighter on her stocking!

My 4 year old was easy!

Twinkles
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I might do hubs one this yr :D

Any ideas ?????

So far for DH I've got ;
Silly boxers ( Tesco's they've got superman on )
Christmas socks
Nose hair trimmer :laughing: ( he'll either find it funny or insulting :D )
shower gel
photo frame with photo of our weekend in centre parcs
Chocolate
might put a paint your own mug in his too :D

I am going to order one of those polishing cloths from Aramanth too

clio0602
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Ds 9.5yrs

Dvd
pack cards
smellies
toothbrush
choc coins
hair gel
lynx
socks
boxers
one of those expanding flannel things IYKWIM
comb
pens
pencils

:D Cant wait x

ajs
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Have you looked in Accessorise? They do some lovely russian doll stuff, so does Paperchase.

ooh no i haven't looked in accessories yet but i did buy all of the rose stuff from paperchase

PixiePetal
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I was going to put a razor in DS stocking but gave it to him in his birthday bits instead :laughing: He was 14 last week. Bless his little hairy lip :laughing: :D

He like stationery bits still - pens, stapler,blue tac,sellotape - does get nice bits too and chocs and sweets to pig out on.

DD 16 likes anything from paperchase/accessorise, nail varnish, pens,choc sweets etc

Good idea about the scratch card now she is 16 :thumbsup:

we have them too. kids and DH fill mine, kids and I fill DH and we all do them for the dogs too :blush: last year our old terrier found her stocking and unwrapped things all by herself! I made one for my mum who stayed last year - they are all red fleece with a white top and I have extra fleece to make more too :)

wendywu
10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Twinkles;814216]So far for DH I've got ;
Christmas socks
shower gel
Chocolate

I am going to order one of those polishing cloths from Aramanth too[/QUOTE]

I think you should get DH one of those big chocolate medals, because he deserves one :thumbsup:

Twinkles
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I think you should get DH one of those big chocolate medals, because he deserves one :thumbsup:

Are you saying I'm difficult to live with ??:laughing:

Mcgons
10-11-2010, 11:08 PM
So far for DH I've got ;
Christmas socks
Nose hair trimmer :laughing: ( he'll either find it funny or insulting :D )shower gel
Chocolate

Bought my DH one of these in a box set with a small bottle of 'old git' wine! (He was only 32!) He didn't really find it funny - still makes me smile though! Well he shouldn't have mentioned his nose hair!:laughing:

wendywu
10-11-2010, 11:55 PM
[
QUOTE=Twinkles;814240]Are you saying I'm difficult to live with ??:laughing:[/QUOTE]

No not at all , but he has been very good while you have been poorly, and it is very hard watching the one you love become very very ill.

So i think he should have a medal , but one he can eat :clapping:

Twinkles
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree wendy he has been a star. Chocolate medal it is then. X

loocyloo
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
i put a flannel or sponge, bubble bath or shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, knickers, socks and then little toys and sweets! ( and an orange! ) but then ds & dd are only 8 & 5 ! ds is getting some hair gel too!

i buy little bits all year round then every christmas eve have a panic as i try to squeeze it all in their stockings!!

LOOPYLISA
11-11-2010, 10:08 AM
So far for DH I've got ;
Christmas socks
shower gel
Chocolate

Thank you

I started this morning :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
11-11-2010, 10:23 AM
i put a flannel or sponge, bubble bath or shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, knickers, socks and then little toys and sweets! ( and an orange! ) but then ds & dd are only 8 & 5 ! ds is getting some hair gel too!

i buy little bits all year round then every christmas eve have a panic as i try to squeeze it all in their stockings!!

Mine always got new toothbrushes and toothpaste too - to counteract the sweets!